Powered by Outside

Post your Mythics'/Banshees'

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your Mythics'/Banshees'
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
thetake401 wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
Larsens are good tires if you use them for what they were intended for.

...not a mini DH bike?
maybe it's all hardpack and very few sharp rocks where he rides, i guess that'd work okay.
They do a decent job on hard packed xc/am trails, and dirt jumps.

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 at 12:36 Quote
Hi to all,

I have bought a almost new Manitou Evolver ISX-4 SPV Airshock for my Wildcard. As this is my first experience with Air-suspension I need some advice on the Shocksettings/Setup.

Rider height: 184 cm
Frame size: Wildcard medium
Rider weight: 84 - 87 kg
Rider w gear: 87 - 90 kg fully geared

Travel setting: Mostly 5"
Shock settings: ???
Travel setting: 6,5"
Shock settings: ???

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings from Cologne, Germany
NoStyle

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 at 13:57 Quote
Manufacturer will have pressure specs for you, go from there and adjust to your preference.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 7:32 Quote
Unfortunately Manitou offeres nothing than a small manual with some "do and don´t" and general instructions, thats all. I have searched the net for a while to find something more, but have to depend on other riders experiences to find some settings to start from ...

Greetings
NoStyle

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 7:56 Quote
its all about you like it or not, those manufacturer offered setings apply only for trail riding. i like my wildcard with harder suspension than most people are used, for me it just feels better.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
Emm, Manitou offers absolutely nothing, no basic setting at all! Would be nice to have something like a "Trailride-Setting" which I could evolve to my liking ...

So, if someone has this shock on his Wildcard please give some numbers (psi, weight, etc.) so I could start more dialled, would be really helpfull.

Thanks and Greetings
NoStyle

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
nostyle wrote:
Emm, Manitou offers absolutely nothing, no basic setting at all! Would be nice to have something like a "Trailride-Setting" which I could evolve to my liking ...

So, if someone has this shock on his Wildcard please give some numbers (psi, weight, etc.) so I could start more dialled, would be really helpfull.

Thanks and Greetings
NoStyle

I don't think my settings are necessarily the most correct, but I generally find the following to be helpful (after much researching:
The main chamber should be 20-50 PSI above your "geared up" weight in pounds. AKA, if you weigh 180 with gear, a good starting point might be 200-230 PSI.
The piggyback chamber HAS to be between 70-200 (I think?), so don't go outside that for use while riding. I find that I have to over-pressurize the chamber before screwing the pump off because I loose a lot of air, but I generally ride with around 70-75%% "geared" weight in pounds, so again, if you're 180 with gear, you should use around 130 PSI. I almost always put my piggyback to "2" on the dial. I just like the ramp up of that setting for general use.
In terms of rebound and compression adjustments, these are all quite personal, so it's pretty much up to your preference. A good way to adjust these is to go full in, then full out, decide which is better, then half in and out to the better side, and continually move half in and out of the best setting.
Hope that all helps!

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 2:19 Quote
Thank you very much masjo, this will help me alot!
Yes, the Piggyback chamber is limited between 50-175 psi.

"... after much researching: The main chamber should be 20-50 PSI above your "geared up" weight in pounds ..."
"... I generally ride with around 70-75%% "geared" weight in pounds ..."
This Information should be given by Manitou, thanks for sharing your experience!

My weight is between 190-200 lb, so this would mean 220-230 psi Main chamber and 140-150 psi Piggyback chamber to start and develop from. Compression and rebound will be set when the sag is fine.

I will check out for the next two weeks to get it dialled and share my experience with you, it may help others.

Thanks again and Greetings
NoStyle

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 3:39 Quote
the are my two beast both fairly new and soo happy with both of them
national series race bike

bnew dj bike

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 6:27 Quote
hey guys I sell My Legend
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/941624/

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 7:23 Quote
My banshee rampant. around 26-27lbs
heres my banshee rampant. its around 26-27 lbs

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 12:34 Quote
My Wildcard with some Updates

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
photo
I have cut down the steerer tube. so i don't have 2 inches of headset spacers anymore

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 8:45 Quote
photo
photo
photo

My Rune I built up last spring and I love this bike for everything. When the suspension is dialed it eats up the DH but can still pedal the singletrack. I would love to try a Legend Mark II next and add an AMP to the collection.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 11:02 Quote
Super Rad Rune! love the raw look with the elka.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018823
Mobile Version of Website