Powered by Outside

Fit bikes

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Fit bikes
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
flowbear wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Can the expierenced people tell me about my Fit 07 Team Trail frame? My "Friend" always likes to tell me how much it sucks, but I like it, and it's held up really well. IDK just tell me if they're strong? Also, does anybody know what they weigh? Because although I've got all fairly light parts, it still weighs 26.5 pounds. I'm not a huge weight whore, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it weighs so much, with all good aftermarket parts on it. lol

wheel sets make a huge difference in weight and feel.

ride it until you feel like spending some more money on it, a frame will also make a huge difference. My stock fit was like 6.5 lbs too lol I was kinda shocked when I weighed it

also, dont listen to your friends. the bike doesnt make the rider

Thanks man! Well it must be the frame then, because EVERYTHING else is upgraded, and Also I have brakes on it. And as for the wheelset, I've got chrome Sun city lites laced to an odyssey vandoro2, and a premium hub in the back, so I don't think its the wheels. lol

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
KMC189 wrote:
My fit team park for sale.
photo

Smile Blank Stare Big Grin :Cool :Cry Eek Evil Frown lol Mad Razz Redface Rolleyes Wink Madder Really Mad tup

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 12:50 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
flowbear wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Can the expierenced people tell me about my Fit 07 Team Trail frame? My "Friend" always likes to tell me how much it sucks, but I like it, and it's held up really well. IDK just tell me if they're strong? Also, does anybody know what they weigh? Because although I've got all fairly light parts, it still weighs 26.5 pounds. I'm not a huge weight whore, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it weighs so much, with all good aftermarket parts on it. lol

ride it until you feel like spending some more money on it, a frame will also make a huge difference. My stock fit was like 6.5 lbs too lol I was kinda shocked when I weighed it

Thanks man! Well it must be the frame then, because EVERYTHING else is upgraded, and Also I have brakes on it. And as for the wheelset, I've got chrome Sun city lites laced to an odyssey vandoro2, and a premium hub in the back, so I don't think its the wheels. lol

yea man your wheels seem good enough. when I switched from my stock fit to a s3.5 I noticed a HUGE difference in feel and weight, it made a huge improvement in my riding and dropped the weight almost 2 lbs. I now have a fully custom fly tierra not a single part is stock on it anymore :p

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
flowbear wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
flowbear wrote:

yea man your wheels seem good enough. when I switched from my stock fit to a s3.5 I noticed a HUGE difference in feel and weight, it made a huge improvement in my riding and dropped the weight almost 2 lbs. I now have a fully custom fly tierra not a single part is stock on it anymore :p
Yeah I would kill for a Fly frame. lol I'm probably gonna get a premium frame whenever I break this one. It might be soon, since I've just done the impossible (or so I've heard), by bending S&M Slams. So now I've gotta get new bars. Really Mad

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
gtchuckerjordan wrote:
KMC189 wrote:
My fit team park for sale.
photo

Smile Blank Stare Big Grin :Cool :Cry Eek Evil Frown lol Mad Razz Redface Rolleyes Wink Madder Really Mad tup
I just sold my mint fit team park. its a decent bike, but its a bit small for me.

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 at 11:26 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
flowbear wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:

Yeah I would kill for a Fly frame. lol I'm probably gonna get a premium frame whenever I break this one. It might be soon, since I've just done the impossible (or so I've heard), by bending S&M Slams. So now I've gotta get new bars. Really Mad

what premium frame are you talking about?? dont get the guttershark whatever you do..

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 22:19 Quote
flowbear wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
flowbear wrote:

what premium frame are you talking about?? dont get the guttershark whatever you do..
Probably a deathtrap. Why, whats wrong with the guttershark?? I heard they were good

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 22:28 Quote
nothing wrong with it, probably just hating on the fact that it is quite light and low...

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 23:40 Quote
photo

2008 fit flow park

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
nothing wrong with it, probably just hating on the fact that it is quite light and low...

no, my tierra is light enough and its low.

under 4 lbs is just asking for trouble if you weigh over 100 lbs and do anything other than tech tricks.

edit- i guess its all personal preference though, my bike is probably in the low 21 range and id be scared to lose that much weight in the frame, I do all kinds of riding on my bike and need something I can trust because I tend to thrash my stuff and I can be rough on my parts and a frame that light just wouldn't cut it for me.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
bmxnf wrote:
photo
specs?

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
flowbear wrote:
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:

no, my tierra is light enough and its low.

under 4 lbs is just asking for trouble if you weigh over 100 lbs and do anything other than tech tricks.

edit- i guess its all personal preference though, my bike is probably in the low 21 range and id be scared to lose that much weight in the frame, I do all kinds of riding on my bike and need something I can trust because I tend to thrash my stuff and I can be rough on my parts and a frame that light just wouldn't cut it for me.
Cracked the BB shell on my fit on both sides of the seatpost. Traded+money with my friend who doesn't ride hard enough to break it. So I now have a Sunday OG frame. I love it =D

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018437
Mobile Version of Website