Powered by Outside

Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
ermoldaker wrote:
Scott-XT wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a replacement Syntace X-12 150+ rear axle? Mine has been overtorqued and has stretched threads. Trying to source one with no luck.

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/syntace-x-12-steckachse-150-157mm-76371/wg_id-227
Give norco a call and ask them. There normally pretty good about that kinda of stuff, they can't sell the part to you directly tho as your local bike shop needs to do it

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 22:08 Quote
goytay wrote:
wizard604 wrote:
paulcer wrote:
i'm looking into buying a second hand dh bike and the 2012 - 2013 aurums have caught my attention. the one thing i see that could be an issue but haven't seen anything yet is the derailuer hanger setup and how the frame pinches the rear axle for retention. i was wondering if anyone has had an issue with taking the rear wheel on and off if the aluminum has stretched similar to a fox fork 20mm axle getting over torqued? thanks in advance.

I've had problems on my 2012 where I can't remove the rear wheel without loosening the rear hanger for added clearance. I always thought it was because of the hanger being out of alignment but now that you mention it, I wonder if it's due to the frame. I'd be interested to hear if any others have encountered this

I have a 2013, and have no problem with this.
I'm running a 27.5" boxxer wc on my aurum and it doesn't really feel all that off, I've had a 26" fox 40 before on it and now this 27.5" boxxer and other then the fork performance nothing feels off really. Still jumps fine and still feels quick and nimble and turns fine. I was told by my LBS that running a 26" wheel on a 27.5" fork won't really matter too much, it will only make your rake slightly longer but that's it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
have any of you norco carbon aurum owners tried the new fox float x2 shock on your bikes? if so did you need to order any hardware from fox?

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
http://www.mojo-store.co.uk/low-friction-fox-shock-bush-10mm-steel-c2x18665366

Just the 22.20mm pal

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 9:11 Quote
gmoney80 wrote:
have any of you norco carbon aurum owners tried the new fox float x2 shock on your bikes? if so did you need to order any hardware from fox?

http://www.mojo-store.co.uk/low-friction-fox-shock-bush-10mm-steel-c2x18665366

Just the 22.20mm pal

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 17:26 Quote
Shock length for the 2015 Aurum is 9x3 right?

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 17:40 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Shock length for the 2015 Aurum is 9x3 right?

9.5 x3

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
Does anybody know what mounting hardware I need to mount a Rockshox Vivid to my 2013 Aurum? currently has a Fox Vanilla RC on it..sorry if this has been asked already

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 23:39 Quote
stinkypinky69 wrote:
Does anybody know what mounting hardware I need to mount a Rockshox Vivid to my 2013 Aurum? currently has a Fox Vanilla RC on it..sorry if this has been asked already
re-use what you have nless wits worn out.

Edit Apparently I was drunk. Should have read: re-use what you have unless the hardware is worn out, fox & RS use the same DU bushings.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 5:35 Quote
thanks man, wasnt sure if the fox stuff could be used with rockshox shock or not. cheers

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
I have a carbon aurum frame on the way from norco. This will be my first bike with a press fit bottom bracket. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct one to buy. Redface The norco website lists BB PF MTB 107. The cranks I will be running are race face respond. Could somebody tell me the correct bottom bracket for the frame and these cranks? Also what is the correct headset? Much appreciation and thanks! Big Grin

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
davo425 wrote:
I have a carbon aurum frame on the way from norco. This will be my first bike with a press fit bottom bracket. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct one to buy. Redface The norco website lists BB PF MTB 107. The cranks I will be running are race face respond. Could somebody tell me the correct bottom bracket for the frame and these cranks? Also what is the correct headset? Much appreciation and thanks! Big Grin

http://www.norco.com/downloads/bike-spec-sheets/aurum-carbon.pdf

Here's the detailed info.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 14:08 Quote
I currently own a very good specd aurum LE 2014 and i am thinking of changing it for a 650b carbon Aurum. Do you think this could be a practical uprgrade? Is the carbon really a better bike? Cause even if a make the best deal for my LE i ll still have to put serious amount of Euros for a good specd carbon
Thanx

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
harrisM15A wrote:
I currently own a very good specd aurum LE 2014 and i am thinking of changing it for a 650b carbon Aurum. Do you think this could be a practical uprgrade? Is the carbon really a better bike? Cause even if a make the best deal for my LE i ll still have to put serious amount of Euros for a good specd carbon
Thanx

Nothing wrong with the 2014, I would keep it until norco releases the 2017'. Then if you wish to make the jump, maybe the '15/16' might be easier to afford.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 17:07 Quote
harrisM15A wrote:
Thanx
I'm in a similar spot, I have a really sweet build on my 2013 LE, and it also happens to be one of the most beautiful frames I've seen. The funny thing is, thoughts about upgrading always come during the semester when my bike is not around, as soon as I get back on it I just realize it's such a fun bike that it's really not worth it to upgrade at this point

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013111
Mobile Version of Website