Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 27, 2018 at 1:57 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
mastervier wrote:
ok. I solved my problem. I openend another vivid.
I think Rock shox messed something up with my one. Hard to find the ports if there are none Big Grin
photo

I'm sure rockshox will send you the correct part

That is the correct part
It's missing some machinework

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
Is anyone running the Gx dh derailleur without chain guide?
How is it going?
thx

O+
Posted: May 27, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
TheCraziestGuy wrote:
Is anyone running the Gx dh derailleur without chain guide?
How is it going?
thx

Ran this way on my gambler all last season zero problems. Running same set up on my yt Tues and through 2 bike park days no problems.

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
I am trying to decide what size to order in the new YT Tues. I am 6 foot even. Long legs and arms, short torso. According to the size guide this puts me smack between L and XL.

I saw the bike check article for the new Tues and Neko Mulally. He is 6 foot and has an XL but damn it is a pretty long looking bike. Then again the size guide says the L goes down to 5'7" and I cant imagine I want the same size as someone who is that short.

I called yt and they said I could go either way, didn't help much.

Is there an expert in sizing these bikes who can put me in the right direction.

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 21:22 Quote
mastakilla wrote:
I am trying to decide what size to order in the new YT Tues. I am 6 foot even. Long legs and arms, short torso. According to the size guide this puts me smack between L and XL.

I saw the bike check article for the new Tues and Neko Mulally. He is 6 foot and has an XL but damn it is a pretty long looking bike. Then again the size guide says the L goes down to 5'7" and I cant imagine I want the same size as someone who is that short.

Sounds cliche but you're best off trying either sizes first

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 21:26 Quote
mastakilla wrote:

When you're in between sizes you basically get to make the choice:

Free ride + fun = Large

Racing + stability = X Large

If you can demo them that would be ideal, since some people prefer a smaller frame for racing and vice versa.

Personally I am a big fan of putting people on the bigger bike, imo you get a better "in" the bike feel.

According to the site, the large only has a 460mm reach, which is kinda short considering the new Enduro bikes.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2018 at 21:56 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
mastakilla wrote:

When you're in between sizes you basically get to make the choice:

Free ride + fun = Large

Racing + stability = X Large

If you can demo them that would be ideal, since some people prefer a smaller frame for racing and vice versa.

Personally I am a big fan of putting people on the bigger bike, imo you get a better "in" the bike feel.

According to the site, the large only has a 460mm reach, which is kinda short considering the new Enduro bikes.

I agree with you about sizing up when inbetween for a better feel. My style leans more towards freeride as I don't care about speed. I just want to hit jumps, drops and rock gardens. I sized up and love it. I find everything easier, especially cornering.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 0:44 Quote
MrElFranko wrote:
i hate mountain biking, f*ck all of you. ban me i dare you.
Someone drunk?

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
Madmanspencer wrote:
MrElFranko wrote:
i hate mountain biking, f*ck all of you. ban me i dare you.
Someone drunk?
Nah. He is just looking for a friend.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 1:58 Quote
The XL YT tues is huge, I'm 6'3" with long limbs and body and it feels good on me, feels like one of the biggest XL's I have ridden, noticeably longer than my XL Demo.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 2:45 Quote
bigburd wrote:
The XL YT tues is huge, I'm 6'3" with long limbs and body and it feels good on me, feels like one of the biggest XL's I have ridden, noticeably longer than my XL Demo.
Oh, I apparently was looking at old geo numbers, the Large is only 452mm reach with 435 stays
And the XL is 474mm reach with 440 stays. A decent jump there.

So yeah, L for park, XL for race.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
hi guys
I have a 2013 specilized demo s-works and the chain guide is a piece of shit, what ISCG mount does it have so I can work out what chain guide will fit?
thanks Orlando

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
mtbpro661 wrote:
hi guys
I have a 2013 specilized demo s-works and the chain guide is a piece of shit, what ISCG mount does it have so I can work out what chain guide will fit?
thanks Orlando

iscg05

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
What will happen if i have a 15mm thru axle up front and 20 mm in the back

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
Not a thing I'd say

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031245
Mobile Version of Website