The Post-Hardcore/Screamo Thread V.2

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
The Post-Hardcore/Screamo Thread V.2
Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 0:16 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
dotca wrote:
No way do I consider him a 'god' at guitar.

Neither do I. Not sure how he is in the Top 10 Best Guitarist.

Eddie Van Halen on the other hand... Pure greatness.

He's in Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists because of the way he does his simple style. It's simple, yet good. He is a good guitarist, there is no doubting that(well some may).

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 0:25 Quote
True, he is a great guitarist. Better than me any day but I'm just not sure how he got in the Top 10 on Metal Archives. I love his style, sounds great.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
I listen to this bands :

Acceptance
A Change of Pace
A Static Lullaby
AFI
Alesana
Alexonfire
Bless the fall
Chiodos
From first to last
Escape the Fate
Eyes Ste to kill
Saosin
Silverstein
Taking Back Sunday
Underoath
We are teh ocean
With broken wings

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
Chiodos, poor them. Won't be the same anymore. No more Craig Owens. Sad.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
In Fear and Faith. Enough said.

Is metal better? Obviously. But I do enjoy screamo on occasion. This is by far my favorite scream/post-hardcore band.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
Yeah man, in fear and faith hauls ass. Relapse Collapse is their best I think.

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
aiden, it dies today, as cities burn, funurel for a freind, silverstein, underoath, senses fail, red jump suit apparatus, 30 seconds to mars, taking back sunday, from autmuin to ashes, escape the fate, scary kids scaring kids, trust company, thousand foot crutch( the odd song has screming clean vocals and a a hard rock/ post hardcore mash up sound)

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 4:55 Quote
Saw escape the fate and atreyu... atreyu was pretty good... I HATE escape the fate...

The Sleeping is a good band though... as well as Envy at the coast

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
duck wrote:
Really? I thought ETF was pretty good, their stage presence is terrible, bunch of "rockstars". Craig's voice and scream is rad though.

Well I don't like their music to begin with and they look like an 80's hair metal band which pissed me off... Two of them I'm convinced were women... But exactly like you said... "rockstars"

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 17:09 Quote
duck wrote:
Hahaha, listen to The Guillotine (Pt.1 with Ronnie) and The Guillotine Pt 2 (with Craig). I'm not the biggest fan of them, but those are good songs.

Ya like the only two... and ten miles wide

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
duck wrote:
Really? I thought ETF was pretty good, their stage presence is terrible, bunch of "rockstars". Craig's voice and scream is rad though.

Well I don't like their music to begin with and they look like an 80's hair metal band which pissed me off... Two of them I'm convinced were women... But exactly like you said... "rockstars"

Nothing wrong with a little bit of 80's hair metal! I can't find the image I was looking for though, to include in this post, which would have made it better...

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
I used to like Escape The Fate but I just lost all interest in them around the start of this year. I like Atreyu, they would've been awesome to see.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 0:12 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
I used to like Escape The Fate but I just lost all interest in them around the start of this year. I like Atreyu, they would've been awesome to see.

Their new album came out the day after we saw them... I still haven't heard it yet though...

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 0:14 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
woody-dh wrote:

Their new album came out the day after we saw them... I still haven't heard it yet though...

'Dying Is Your Latest Fasion' doesn't really tickle my fancy. Only one song on it is remotely iPod material.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
woody-dh wrote:

'Dying Is Your Latest Fasion' doesn't really tickle my fancy. Only one song on it is remotely iPod material.
MY APOCALYPSE!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.137961
Mobile Version of Website