Powered by Outside

Upstate New York Riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
Upstate New York Riders
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
Downhill/freeride

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:46 Quote
It's a little bit of a hike from kingston but Beacon has some great trails and has potential for a lot more. When Im in the area Im down to build there.

Kaaterskill Wild Forest in Saugerties is another place to check out. Thats a pretty epic ride though.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
has anyone ridden McCauley Mountain in the past year or so? Is it worth the climb? I'll be looking to burn an hour or two in that area in a couple months.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
if you like a nice view its worth it, but its a grind. The town has a budget for new trails on Maple Ridge and McCauley this summer with emphasis on a flow trail from the top of McCauley. Construction begins in Mid-June.
poncho467 wrote:
has anyone ridden McCauley Mountain in the past year or so? Is it worth the climb? I'll be looking to burn an hour or two in that area in a couple months.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 7:20 Quote
Lonerangers wrote:
if you like a nice view its worth it, but its a grind. The town has a budget for new trails on Maple Ridge and McCauley this summer with emphasis on a flow trail from the top of McCauley. Construction begins in Mid-June.
poncho467 wrote:

lol you... I should have known to just text you. Thanks remsen flyer. trip isn't until july so hopefully there's progress to see. That area needs more development.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:21 Quote
Heyo. I'm new. Live in albany county and I'm buying my buddy's trek marlin to try to get in better shape for doing track days on my zx6r. Haven't ridden a bicycle since 2011, should be killer

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 21:33 Quote
isaacallen wrote:
It's a little bit of a hike from kingston but Beacon has some great trails and has potential for a lot more. When Im in the area Im down to build there.

Kaaterskill Wild Forest in Saugerties is another place to check out. Thats a pretty epic ride though.

eh not quite what I was looking for. Thanks, though!

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 21:36 Quote
JustinCarpenter wrote:
If i am in area, id grab a shovel, what kind of trails?

Downhill/freeride stuff, if you're still interested.

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
Out of the country right now, so wouldn't be for a little while

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 0:11 Quote
Getting to the Fort Drum area in the fall. Coming there from South Korea. I have a downhill rig, AM rig, and a DJ. Saw the post on the last page. Just trying to network.

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
I'm at Drum too. Same bikes.

Lets link up, I'll show you around the DH parks. Depending on how far youre willing to drive for DH vs trail riding, you'll mostly be doing DH here. My wife rides too, she is rowdy, especially for a chick

send me a PM

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
Anyone in the Utica area know where I could rent a decent bike for a day ?
Thanks in advance

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 9:56 Quote
mikefitz wrote:
Anyone in the Utica area know where I could rent a decent bike for a day ?
Thanks in advance

Not really any places in Utica do anything like that. Your best bet would be make the drive to Syracuse and find a shop there.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
Anyone still riding Dirt Jumps and street type stuff in the Glens Falls area?

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 14:52 Quote
Armalite wrote:
JustinCarpenter wrote:
If i am in area, id grab a shovel, what kind of trails?

Downhill/freeride stuff, if you're still interested.

You still come on? Its been a bit. I just found this. I ride mostly Onteora/Jockey/Lippman/Shaupeneak on my enduro and do some backyard trials on a dj. Where do you ride?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.424814
Mobile Version of Website