Pinkbike Product Section

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Pinkbike Product Section
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
not mod, creator of the site that you so happily joined

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
and which one of those 2 MODs would that be hmmm, spoiledgoods or radik, and if one of them is the creator you think they would have a clear sense of purpose for what they are adding and not have a problem telling me what that is, i give up i'll use the PS in my own fashion

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
and which one of those 2 MODs would that be hmmm, spoiledgoods or radik, and if one of them is the creator you think they would have a clear sense of purpose for what they are adding and not have a problem telling me what that is, i give up i'll use the PS in my own fashion
How many times do they have to tell you? Either your being dense intentionally to stir things up, or you're actually a moron. I'm rooting for the latter.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:

Radek would be this sites developer.

He does have a sense of purpose, he's not trying to recreate an MTBR review database, more of a PRODUCT SPEC database. Sure it happens to have a recommendation part to it, and if there's flaming in a rcomment it will get removed. We want a clean site.

Feel free to exercise your fashion. Just realize it isn't designed to be a copycat of mtbr.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
no it hasn't, besides trying to separate PB from mtbr then no

Well that is one reason by design of the system.

giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
lets try this from another vantage point. what are you trying to achive by having the recommendation part, because i want to know the good the bad and the ugly before buying a part, now if you're not trying to promote sales why have recommendations in the first place

I already explained this. People give more fake bad reviews than good reviews. If you want to read a bunch of crap user reviews, go to mtbr and try to figure it our from there. This is not that system.

giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
i'm not buying something just cuz a couple extra guys talk praise of something

I do and most people too. That's how I buy things. Because most of the time (most, not always) the most popular stuff is good. At least this cuts things down to less products and I can research them in more detail.
I do this all the time. I walk into a server store and find out what the most popular motherboard is and it's (usually) the best bang for your buck. This saves me time and effort.

giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
recommendations seem pointless at this time
Recommendations don't need to have text in them. The text is optional. You don't need to read the text. It's there just so maybe some additional info can be given. Maybe a place to buy it cheap, or some other option that someone got, etc.

To summarize what this section is about.

1. Allow you to access data about products in one place, and not have to scour the internet, and company sites, and fish for the info. It's here, and in one place, and in the same format.

2. Allow you to quickly compare things. You don't need a bunch of windows open, you just look at the differences side by side.

3. Allow you to quickly see all the products of a specific type in one place. So quickly see all the DH bikes, possibly making you aware of one model/brand you didn't know about.

4. See what's popular. Yes. What people recommend. If I ride the same way as another user that has some products recommended, chances are those products would work for me too.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
thank god hummeroid is here he clears everything up in one post CHEERS

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 17:09 Quote
i think you guys should add like a "recently added product" bar at the bottom so people know what the newest stuff is. like how the photo section used to have a recent photo bar.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
a great thing to put on pink bike, real cool to kill an afternoon on.
p.s. can you put giant on?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
hey you guys should deffinatly add dobermann to the list.....i dont understand how blk mrkt is up there when dobermann is not!!!

cheers

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
rizzi wrote:
hey you guys should deffinatly add dobermann to the list.....i dont understand how blk mrkt is up there when dobermann is not!!!

cheers
im pretty sure theyre contacting the companies so that the specs and MSRP's are 100% accurate. clearly, blk mrkt has responded with their info, and im assuming dobermann hasn't.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
i want to see some rims for street and other street products no all dh related items

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 5:44 Quote
erik74 wrote:
rizzi wrote:

cheers
im pretty sure theyre contacting the companies so that the specs and MSRP's are 100% accurate. clearly, blk mrkt has responded with their info, and im assuming dobermann hasn't.

Good exposure like that is not FREE Wink

We are working something out to be on that list. But it might take some time.

Cheers!

Alain
Dobermann Bikes

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
odin333 wrote:
i think you guys should add like a "recently added product" bar at the bottom so people know what the newest stuff is. like how the photo section used to have a recent photo bar.
it doesn't any more i liked that, i think instead of "a recent" maybe like "most recommended" or something like that.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
could a minimum letter count be imposed for the recomendations?
its rather useless to simple have a recomendation but no comment
i think i 20 word limit or something?
also stops people just saying "sweet ride, buy it"

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
could a minimum letter count be imposed for the recomendations?
its rather useless to simple have a recomendation but no comment
i think i 20 word limit or something?
also stops people just saying "sweet ride, buy it"
correct me if im wrong, but i think this wont happen because thats kind of turning it into a review section, and thats not what this is. the product section is for some where to look at specs and compare different parts. the recommendations part is just to see how popular the product is, since usually the better parts are used more.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011704
Mobile Version of Website