Powered by Outside

The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 19:50 Quote
Thimk wrote:
80% chance of 5mm tomorrow afternoon. Looks like a huge system is passing by the bay tomorrow... Joy.

I'll be there tomorrow regardless.
Only 60% tomorrow, only starting at 5pm, mtn closes at 6. So no worries on rain for sure.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 20:40 Quote
AdamChed wrote:
Thimk wrote:
80% chance of 5mm tomorrow afternoon. Looks like a huge system is passing by the bay tomorrow... Joy.

Only 60% tomorrow, only starting at 5pm, mtn closes at 6. So no worries on rain for sure.

What website are you looking at? TWN shows 80% as of 2 PM.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 20:50 Quote
Thimk wrote:
AdamChed wrote:
Thimk wrote:

What website are you looking at? TWN shows 80% as of 2 PM.

I'm looking at Blue Mountain forecast on TWN, usually big difference in weather between Wasaga Beach, Colingwood and Blue.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 11:07 Quote
koneil wrote:
Going to be a busy weekend up here with the Centurion Cycling event, so don't forget to give yourself a little extra time on the local roads if you're on the way up to ride. In other news, we have the tentative course outline for the Enduro on October 5th - subject to change, of course.

Timed Descent Stage 1: Embryo
Climb: The Grind
Timed Descent Stage 2: Squeeker
Climb: The Groove
Timed Descent Stage 3: Waterfall
Ascend: The lift
Timed Combined Stage 4: North XC Loop & Showcase
Timed Combined Stage 5: Cory’s Loop XC & O-Chute

Dumb question: What's the difference between Outlaw and Recreational categories? Sponsorship? Ego? Other?

2nd dumb question: Does stage 1 start from the top with a pedal climb or lift?

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 7:14 Quote
strain wrote:

Dumb question: What's the difference between Outlaw and Recreational categories? Sponsorship? Ego? Other?

2 good questions, I have the same ones

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 13:38 Quote
strain wrote:
koneil wrote:
Going to be a busy weekend up here with the Centurion Cycling event, so don't forget to give yourself a little extra time on the local roads if you're on the way up to ride. In other news, we have the tentative course outline for the Enduro on October 5th - subject to change, of course.

Timed Descent Stage 1: Embryo
Climb: The Grind
Timed Descent Stage 2: Squeeker
Climb: The Groove
Timed Descent Stage 3: Waterfall
Timed Combined Stage 4: North XC Loop & Showcase
Timed Combined Stage 5: Cory’s Loop XC & O-Chute

I'll have to confirm this one with Erika, but I'm assuming the difference between Outlaw and Recreational will be in prizing. Rec will be for amateur riders and people who don't compete on a regular basis, Outlaw will be for serious racers. If you're walking the line in between, think about whether or not you'd be worried about being called a sandbagger for riding in the rec division, haha.

Stage 1 will start from the top of Embryo with a descent to where it meets the Collector. You'll be turned around there and sent to climb the Grind back to the top of Stage 2.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask!

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 7:26 Quote
Hi @ Koneil we are coming up this Sunday to practice for the enduro as I am sure others will be doing!
Can you please try and arrange to have the trails that are part of the race open? I notice every time we come to blue, squeeker and waterfall are closed. Just hoping to get a good day of practice in. Ty

Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
jeff444 wrote:
Hi @ Koneil we are coming up this Sunday to practice for the enduro as I am sure others will be doing!
Can you please try and arrange to have the trails that are part of the race open? I notice every time we come to blue, squeeker and waterfall are closed. Just hoping to get a good day of practice in. Ty

I can check with the trail crew, but it's out of my control as I don't know what condition those trails are in or what the crews timeline is for getting them race ready. I will find an answer for you about whether or not those trails will be open for practice prior to the race weekend. I should add here that this account is ran through the Marketing department, so any questions regarding operations do take a bit of extra time to answer.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 11:26 Quote
koneil wrote:
jeff444 wrote:

I can check with the trail crew, but it's out of my control as I don't know what condition those trails are in or what the crews timeline is for getting them race ready. I will find an answer for you about whether or not those trails will be open for practice prior to the race weekend. I should add here that this account is ran through the Marketing department, so any questions regarding operations do take a bit of extra time to answer.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will re-word my question then and ask that you request they be open if possible please? Ty Cheers

Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 13:19 Quote
jeff444 wrote:
koneil wrote:
jeff444 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will re-word my question then and ask that you request they be open if possible please? Ty Cheers

Weather and conditions permitting, all trails, with the exception of Waterfall, will be open for the rest of the season. Waterfall will remain closed until race weekend as its path is impacted by the new beginner trail.

Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
That's a disappointment. I love waterfall. Is there a plan to accommodate both trails in the future or will it be shut down forever?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 15:31 Quote
photo
maybe waterfall bridged over the groove like what they did with joyride over crank it up at whistler

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2013 at 15:32 Quote
todayisthegreatest wrote:
photo
maybe waterfall bridged over the groove like what they did with joyride over crank it up at whistler
+1

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 11:19 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
That's a disappointment. I love waterfall. Is there a plan to accommodate both trails in the future or will it be shut down forever?

At this point, I haven't heard about the long-term plans for the Waterfall trail. I'll reach out to the Operations team to see if they've discussed any plans regarding it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 7:50 Quote
For those wondering about Waterfall, I spoke with our Director of Mountain Operation yesterday afternoon. He let me know that Gravity Logic will be returning at the end of the season to review the direction, and begin planning for the second phase of the Bike Park upgrades. Once this review is completed we'll be able to let you know which trails will be getting reworked, rerouted, recut, etc, but until then we won't have much more information.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.145430
Mobile Version of Website