Powered by Outside

NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:
Anyone have any luck running chain tugs on a Capital? I just tried some DMR tugs but the dropouts are too thick and the hub gets in the way too.

Hi ive byen running inspired arcades are som otter ones..had to drill to 14mm..

Cheers, I'll have a look, not sure I'm up for drilling them though

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
Quick question on tire size for the newer tapered frames. I see on the website that the max tire size is 2.2 for the frame? Is this true? Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a new frame but I’m an old fat ass and really like a bigger tire, 2.35-2.4 ish. Does anyone have the newer frame and can verify?

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 2:37 Quote
Any of you know capital 26 frames on offer?

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
You looking for a specific year or more a specific price

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
As long as its a 26", doesnt have to be newest model

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
My 2009 24" Capital in Bronze with a bronze FUNN Serial Killa stem, an Argyle 318, Profile Mini rear hub and Azonic O'Neal bars!

photo

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 14:59 Quote
Have any of the 2022 frames been available in the UK? What's happened with this bike? The website talks about the 2020 frame and has typos

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 3:30 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
Have any of the 2022 frames been available in the UK? What's happened with this bike? The website talks about the 2020 frame and has typos

The UK supplier for NS (hotlines) still have the 2021 listed as a current item but its out of stock.

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 21:57 Quote
Dam last time I was in here was 2012 , so long couldn't even remember my email to get my pasword so made a new account . Well 2012 got sick parted out the cap. But now shit 53 and I started a new build with a tappered tube cap, cause it was the only one I oculd get my hands on here in the states through Lama. Hope it brings me back. Its a 26" this time. Cant run a RNS because the crown race I beleave is welded to the fork. So I am trying to find a fork to work with it, so far either a 425 pitchfork or a 435 , I am not to crazy on the 33mm offset. But I ran the Geomentry through the calculator so I think the 425/33 might work or their 29" pitchfork . Well Glad to be back into it and yeah Its me Caezar Beer

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 3:31 Quote
Welcome back. 53 here as well. As much as I loved the older Caps, I bought a new Verde Theory and love it.

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Welcome back. 53 here as well. As much as I loved the older Caps, I bought a new Verde Theory and love it.
well finally got the password ! I looked it over after you told me , that’s a pretty nice deal !! Lama gave me a bargain on the new frame, so happy about that, I know if I bought a complete I’d tear it apart in days . Lana again came through and got me a district bar ! So now looking into hubs and a welded rim set .

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 6:14 Quote
Well so far where I’m at . This time I stayed true and started accumulating all the parts. With this new frame it’s like new territory with this head tube being tapered. I fought with deciding which ridged fork to go with but running it through the geo calculator I settled for what I believe will be a very versatile setup for dirt and street . Below also listed prices for anyone that is looking to build and wondering what a custom might cost them . Also a lot of these parts could be a ton cheaper if going with other reputable brands that are just as good once I get the parts for the wheels the bike is more or less startup build complete.

long vans grips black ✅ 13$
NS Cap frame 26” ✅ 359$
Forks S&M 425 ✅ 167$
Shadow Odin top load stem✅ 35$
Animal Spanish BB ✅ 23$
Hellbender 70 light headset ✅ 13$
FCA crownrace adapter 1.5-11/8✅ 8$
NS District bars ✅ 115$
Profile no boss pending invoice ✅
Pedals Animal Rat traps ✅ 20$
S&M tubes ✅ 14$
Chain shadow V2✅ 37$
Shadow pivotal seat post ✅26$
Profile logo fat pivotal ✅ 48.98$
Profile 25t spline drive ✅ 32$
DTH Maxxis 2.1 folding ✅ 74.19$

Planned wheel set so far
Sapim 14g candy copper spokes
G Sport rollaway hub set
or
profile large flange hub set
MTX33 rims unless I can find a better 36h rim
Considering Velocity but they are super sketchy on describing what their rims are intended for

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 10:53 Quote
Just ordered a stolen rampage complete wheel set , just to get the project up and going to see how it feels before I invest anything more

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 13:55 Quote
So ns capishital rant
#1 NS get with the times mid BB please!!
Went through hell to find one even on line‍♂️
#2 if you are going to make the Cap tapper headtube tge for god sakes make the RNS an updated taper stead tube .
I had to jump through hoops to get a proper fork that this frame would except only a few headsets on the market will make the transition to rigid friendly, every other reducer is for shit !! I’m going to try this setup and seriously hoping to find a crazy big lower Bering with a 35° slant 52 OD and 30 ID. I think I found one but will figure it out later . All in all I don’t think they will make another cap. So hopefully this all works out

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
Those are the reasons I went with the VERDE Theory.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014924
Mobile Version of Website