Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
stand-easy wrote:
I somehow passed a plug in OBD2 etest with my gc8 with a full swap

I thought they didn't do emissions up in orilllia?
I'm literally about 20km from not getting emissions.

& mine was a 2001 so it was obd2

No visual inspection? That's the catch for CA. I could pass with a single cat. Larger turbo/injectors/intercooler... etc. But the visual would be a catch. But that's why my car with the new motor will only be getting subaru goodies. Most don't notice. Full sti parts kit. Add about 50whp over what I have not... that's enough.

Swaps here have to go through a crazy inspection to be legal... then get smogged on the normal schedule. Not too hard to do though.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
Visual is for diesels - meaning if it smokes at idle it fails
Sniff test for pre-OBD2.
Plug in for the new shit.
1987 or older is exempt

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 13:35 Quote
Wait, do they only do a visual test for diesels? If so that's pretty much pointless. :Lol:

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 15:19 Quote
bordom wrote:
Wait, do they only do a visual test for diesels? If so that's pretty much pointless. :Lol:
I also thought there was a visual for the emissions components .. IE they are intact there

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 16:35 Quote
That's my understanding. Guys pass emissions with hood stacks lol

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 18:04 Quote
It's because of emmissions testing that I haven't driven my truck in 2 years. Frown

O+
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 18:10 Quote
You don't even have aircare anymore though...

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 18:41 Quote
stand-easy wrote:

LOL. Not here. Our sucks balls and now they're using mobile testers. You roll up on one and they're like... nope... you're hosed. You stink.

And the stupid thing is you could pass the standards on sniff, pass the OBD scan and fail the visual. It's stupid. Now they're going more towards just OBD and no sniffer. Which is rad. But still... the visual. So you gotta find someone that doesn't know or doesn't care because they're suppose to check serial numbers and crap.

That's why the STI stuff will be going in my car instead of the 18g set up I was gonna run. Just gonna run a VF34 or 39 with an STI intercool. They'll all be stamped the same as stock so at first glance they're good. Like my up pipe. My stock one has a cat in it... pointless and stupid. The STI one I have doesn't... but it says subaru on it and has a heat shield... sooo.... Instead of running headers I ran my stock ones just port polished and coated. The crosspipe could be a give away but it's painted black. So far so good. So that's how I'll do it up. TGV deletes. Etc. All stuff that you're not going to see and I can tune for the sniffer and the OBD scan. Only be at like 250whp but that's enough for me.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 20:31 Quote
stand-easy wrote:

Not here they don't?

I want to do a fender stack! But I also want to drive on the streets

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 21:22 Quote
mstokman wrote:
You don't even have aircare anymore though...
They failed me and there was 6 months until aircare was shut down so I figured for the time being I'd do a couple things to the truck. Ended up in over my head.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 23:43 Quote
Also I don't think I showed the photo but the box is on it now. It's really weird now seeing it all assembled.

photo

O+
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 23:47 Quote
That's a real nice color on it, looking good!

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 7:32 Quote
Looking so fresh bro!

Also didn't learn from your tint experience did you hahaha.

I want to have tint but I don't want the hassle I'll get for it. The girl I've been seeing lately has tinted windows and when we went over the border in her car it was a very irritating experience.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
Looking good. Definitely needs some decent wheels and some kind of accent though.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
Lol all you have to do at the border is roll the windows down. You're supposed to without tint anyway. They want to see what's inside.

And yeah the moonies are just rollers right now. Grille is getting chromed. I'll see what else I want to do to it after door handles and mirrors and the glass is all in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022611
Mobile Version of Website