Post your ride Shiver (SC or DC)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your ride Shiver (SC or DC)
Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
Hi guys
So am I right in thinking the 888 upgrade involve replacing th 888 cartridges and internals into the shiver but upside down? Do any special top or bottom caps need to be machined etc? What sized 888 fit (the newer ones had slightly larger stanchions didn’t they??)
I’d be interested in giving it a go but would like to know roughly how it’s done first!

Thanks

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
Anyone in this thread looking to buy a pair shivers I have a perfectly good working pair of 2005’s

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
ThaCh0sen0ne wrote:
Anyone in this thread looking to buy a pair shivers I have a perfectly good working pair of 2005’s

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 12:20 Quote
ThaCh0sen0ne wrote:

Is there any way you could give us less information?? Very confused

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
are these Shiver DC forks?? as there are no fittings to enable stanchion guards to be fitted to the lowers?

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Thats odd. I thought only the first year shiver WC with the red axle lugs was missing the guard holes. Maybe late 2001 model??
Has the red been painted over with black?
..also missing the M on the lower crown. This might be a bitsa fork with parts from numerous years

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
Can a shiver run 27.5 wheels? Does it depend on build year?
I can buy one but only if it can take 27.5 wheels.
I want to transform my 2016 Capra in a park/dh bike. Got an avy shock and now I would like an avy tuned fork. The shiver really appeals to me.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
thova wrote:
I want to transform my 2016 Capra in a park/dh bike. Got an avy shock and now I would like an avy tuned fork. The shiver really appeals to me.

Yes you can so long as you don't run tires bigger than 2.4in. Nothing bigger than 28in/710mm in overall diameter (wheel with tire).

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
thova wrote:

Yes you can so long as you don't run tires bigger than 2.4in. Nothing bigger than 28in/710mm in overall diameter (wheel with tire).

Thank you.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 2:29 Quote
mountainjew wrote:
Thats odd. I thought only the first year shiver WC with the red axle lugs was missing the guard holes. Maybe late 2001 model??
Has the red been painted over with black?
..also missing the M on the lower crown. This might be a bitsa fork with parts from numerous years

no Red enamel visible under the black coat....

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me how date a shiver sc sans decals?
Thanks

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
anywhere in the UK that stocks a compatible stem for the Shiver DC......? , I did purchase a used DM stem+bars, only to discover that the stem securing holes don't match up with the fixing holes on the upper crown.....

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
Davyg - the older Answer stems fit. I used to use longer button head screws through the stem with locknuts under the crown.
You wont be able to use the length adjustment, but they work nicely. Basically any DM stem with multiple length positions will work.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
mountainjew wrote:
Davyg - the older Answer stems fit. I used to use longer button head screws through the stem with locknuts under the crown.
You wont be able to use the length adjustment, but they work nicely. Basically any DM stem with multiple length positions will work.

Cheers Buddy.... been a bit of a nightmare to suss out what's what....I did reach out to CRC here and they informed me that I need a direct mount stem......DOH... no sh*t sherlock.....LOL...

I have found out that the old FUNN DRS stem fits.. but they are like the shivers , getting rarer..... :-)

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
I have just bought a used Easton Havoc DM stem that has fittings for 45-50-55 settings..... hopefully this should work......hopefully...Confused Confused Confused

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018215
Mobile Version of Website