Powered by Outside

Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
I dont own them but i have a friend who has some 09 societys that arent even out yet, theyre real beefy, and i was watching him do disasters at the park and couldnt see any flex in them at all, he reckons that theyre alright but i dont own them sooooo.........

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
Other brands that make solid forks include Magura and White Brothers. I have friends that ride both and the 2009 Maguras are supposed to be super solid.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
gtbiker87 wrote:
Other brands that make solid forks include Magura and White Brothers. I have friends that ride both and the 2009 Maguras are supposed to be super solid.
magura needs a dj fork...

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
erik74 wrote:
gtbiker87 wrote:

If I am not right tell me, but I think the '09 line-up has a DJ fork.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
gtbiker87 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
gtbiker87 wrote:

i havent seen the 09 ones, so ill shut up haha

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
erik74 wrote:
gtbiker87 wrote:
erik74 wrote:

i havent seen the 09 ones, so ill shut up haha

I have seen some of them but don't depend on it. Thats what I have overheard though. From looking at the website, the WOTAN seems to be their freeride/dj fork.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
I don't think there is a dedicated dirt jump fork from them yet. Though I have seen a couple people with lowered Maguras that ride street and DJ on them.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
Yeah, your right, but they have customizable springs and cartridges to help convert them. Thats what I read on their website.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
Magura doesn't have a jump fork yet. the only change to there line-up was that they got rid of the Laurin, and add the Durin Marathon and Durin race as well as renamed the old Durin the Durin SL. they also added adjustable travel on the Durin Marathon. pretty much they took the Durin and Laurin and combined them into a range of three different forks.

lastly they added the Thor which is an All-mountain fork with 100-140mm adjustable travel. its similar to the Pike, so that's were the rumor of it being a jump fork might have came from.

if they make an 180mm or 200mm dual crown fork the money would be pouring in for them.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Yeah, I would seriously consider that!

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Odin, how do you like your fork? Not a XC guy but I am curious.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
Dual arch+Dual crown=amazing! I would really like to see a magura DH fork...

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
the only thing with Magura forks is that they cost alot for what you get. my Laurin MSRP is about $700 but only has the adjustments of about a $400 rockshox fork. but of course you get a hand-build fork, with the best suspension technology out there.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
Odin, how do you like your fork? Not a XC guy but I am curious.

its amazing. the main thing is the dual arch. most people think its just a stunt from Magura to get there company noticed. but it actually increases the performance so much. its hard to explain, but it makes corners so you don't notice them.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
igz- wrote:
A few of my friends have Velvets.

me and my friends still run rst gila on our street bikes, i was fortunate enought to get a minor sponsor and only pay $50 for my 2008 space. I love the fork, sure id love to have a fox and float and have it lowered, ya all forks break its a fact i could show you or tell you about personal events of having people break argyles,DJ1's,DMR TrailBlade, and ive broken a manitou GL But for god sakes can we move on and stop bickering like a bunch of old people at a pub

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012267
Mobile Version of Website