Sketchy things people have done to keep riding!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sketchy things people have done to keep riding!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
i think this ones pretty good. i fixed my shifter lever with a wooden knob. hahaha. works great actually...
photo

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
willems wrote:
i think this ones pretty good. i fixed my shifter lever with a wooden knob. hahaha. works great actually...
photo

NICE!

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:41 Quote
griff101 wrote:
willems wrote:
photo

NICE!

i thought it was a chess piece at first Razz

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
Iv got a crazy one, right so i opend up my rear hub becasue the bearing needed changing, i checked out my freehub when i did this, and two of the springs for the pawls had snapped so it was running on like 1 pawl and the spring on that was shagged too. I looked at doin it right but i would need to buy a full new freehub body £50+ so i was like where do i get springs.......Pen? Razz it worked for four rides. But the power behind them was abit too much and it flattend out the freehub shells teeth stopping it catching when i pedaled :/ anyway sunringle sent me some free springs afther i emailed them, so i drilled out each tooth with a titanium drill bit to make them sharp again and i now have a fully working rear hub again haha

And once the main lever bolt fell out of my mates hayes strokers, a stick through it lasted all day Razz LOL

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
1. I blew the rear shock on my GT I drive. So while I was waiting for the rebuild kit to come in I found a cheap JEEP bike laying around! So i took the rear pogo shock off and the eyelet length was the same and mounted it up! It worked alright just for toolin around base and town!

2. I crashed and the top rachet buckle came off my 661 shoes. So i ziptied my shoe on rode home, then went to work and put a new rivit in to hold the buckle on. Still holdin 3 months later.

3. Snapped a rear der. hanger 10 miles out, so i broke the chain removed the rear der. and rode/walked single speed in the tallest gear back to the truck. It was mad sketchy.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
g-off7 wrote:
broke wrist racing
when i went to have my cast put on i took one of the grips off my bike an brought it with me.
Molded the hand/palm area of cast to grip. kept riding for the next 6 weeks Smile

.....arthritis is for communist's and pussys! Big Grin
i wish i thought of that good idea

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
notallowedtoswear wrote:
g-off7 wrote:
broke wrist racing
when i went to have my cast put on i took one of the grips off my bike an brought it with me.
Molded the hand/palm area of cast to grip. kept riding for the next 6 weeks Smile

.....arthritis is for communist's and pussys! Big Grin
i wish i thought of that good idea
what a manly thing to do. good job tup

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
bigquotesAnd once the main lever bolt fell out of my mates hayes strokers, a stick through it lasted all day LOL

my old bike had strokers and i lost the main lever bolt so i found an old chain de-linker and i unscrewed the handle bit and put that in there and it was perfect size so i cut it down and it worked sweet!. The guy i sold the bike too still has it on now and i did this over a year ago Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019654
Mobile Version of Website