Powered by Outside

Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
id get the spindrift without thinking about it twice only for the better cable routing

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
Thanks for the quick answers!

What about the climbing and pedaling capacity of this bike? I don't want to drag a dead cow on the way of my favorite spot, the antisquat is really high but what do you experienced with your bikes during climbing? I'm not really concerned about timing but i don't want to get up the hill completly exhausted

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 3:30 Quote
Bipz wrote:
Thanks for the quick answers!

What about the climbing and pedaling capacity of this bike? I don't want to drag a dead cow on the way of my favorite spot, the antisquat is really high but what do you experienced with your bikes during climbing? I'm not really concerned about timing but i don't want to get up the hill completly exhausted

Hey, I live in Morzine and have absolutely no problems peddling it up 600, 700, 800m climbs at the altitudes we have around here. I have never once used the climb switch (RS coil) or felt the need to. I manage to keep up with the guys on the shorter travel bikes no worries. I wouldn't consider my self super fit but fit enough not to have a problem climbing à long travel bike.

If your living in the Alps I would recommend the longer travel bike. It will deal with the long décents alot better than à shorter travel bike.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 4:24 Quote
For big climbs my only suggestion would be lighter tyres just to get best weight/efficiency.. but other than that its super comfortable on climbs

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
Indeed: last couple of months I used DHR2 front and Dissector in the rear. Much easier rolling in comparison to Assegai front and DHR2 rear. (Exo's with a rear insert)

A Dissector in the rear has not the same grip in mud or brake power as a DHR2 on any surface, but it is still a good ride-able setup. The side-knobs are really nice. (And also available in DD or DH)

I believe the PB Enduro Field test is using the same DHR2+ Dissector combi. Somehow the Dissector is living a bit in the shadows and often forgotten as option.

(I have a Tyee and at the time the new SD was not available yet, but even although I have also a DH bike, I might would have chosen the SD if the choice was there. SD is probable the better "one bike for all" choice if you have access to alpine terrain.)

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
With regards to sizing .
Im 6ft 3 . Im thinking a XL spindrift.
I have a Large trek remedy ( which i think is a bit small , but was my first full suss) ive got a XL nukeproof scout. Test rode a trek slash , i liked the extra stability but felt incould handle a touch more .
Any experience of the sizing ? I was thinking the XL due to the steep seat angle , would be good . Any input welcome

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
I'd take xl if I were you. I'm 6'1 and on size L. It's fine but would be too small if I'd be any taller.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
I`m also 6`3 and ride a size XL 29er. I would not want to go any smaller. It`s not super big for an XL anyway.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 23:44 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
I'd take xl if I were you. I'm 6'1 and on size L. It's fine but would be too small if I'd be any taller.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 23:44 Quote
twenty4chris wrote:
I`m also 6`3 and ride a size XL 29er. I would not want to go any smaller. It`s not super big for an XL anyway.
Thanks

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
Finally got round to installing the huber bushings on my spindrift. I can say that all my problems have disappeared and its smooth as butter now..!
So if you have the rockshox shock replace them as soon as you can, because there's so much difference. I can actually enjoy riding it now.

Propain recommended I buy the huber bushings in an email, I was kind of pissed off that they expect you to buy them yourself, they must know by now the rockshox bushings are shite and causing problems.

I know they come with the shock and it would cost them extra to change them but the customer changing something which is brand new isnt quite right.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Finally got round to installing the huber bushings on my spindrift. I can say that all my problems have disappeared and its smooth as butter now..!
So if you have the rockshox shock replace them as soon as you can, because there's so much difference. I can actually enjoy riding it now.

Propain recommended I buy the huber bushings in an email, I was kind of pissed off that they expect you to buy them yourself, they must know by now the rockshox bushings are shite and causing problems.

I know they come with the shock and it would cost them extra to change them but the customer changing something which is brand new isnt quite right.

I just bought my spindrift today with a rock shox coil. Think il ask them about the bushings

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:

I just bought my spindrift today with a rock shox coil. Think il ask them about the bushings

So that was a no from propain . Not right in my opinion . Can somebody forward me the huber kit needed for the rockshox ultinate coil please? Might as well stock some on advance

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
Josiffk wrote:

Please try to notice if you have some issues with clicking noises. I also swapped to Huber...since then the performance is amazing, but the noise is driving me crazy.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
fontafox wrote:
Josiffk wrote:

Please try to notice if you have some issues with clicking noises. I also swapped to Huber...since then the performance is amazing, but the noise is driving me crazy.

I actually have them noises too, but they are not from the shock area. It only happens when I'm peddling, it sounds like they are coming from the bottom bracket. It only happens when theres pressure on the peddles.
Would a re grease benefit it.? Just to rule it out maybe.?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009645
Mobile Version of Website