Powered by Outside

Commencal V.S. Kona V.S Specialized

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal V.S. Kona V.S Specialized
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 0:13 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
meta-man wrote:
mtb-rider93 wrote:

true but if ur gonaa get a bike would it not be best to save up for a realy good one rather than jus a good one.

agreed +1 i had to put up with my old pos bike for a long time and i worked and saved and got my dream bike Smile commencal meta 6.1

not if you dont 100 % know that you want to make this a passion that you wanna keep for the rest of your life. alot of kids i know bought stinkys becuase in high school they loved riding, but they didnt continue the passion. its better to get a 2000 bike than a 5000 bike

I know what your saying imo i will be riding after high school for sure.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 4:27 Quote
than its worth saving up your coin. thats the same with me. thats why i bought a demo

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
than its worth saving up your coin. thats the same with me. thats why i bought a demo

agreed

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:08 Quote
I agree with most of u that almoast all kona's are shit, but there are a few which if used for their purpose are great! for instance i just bought a kona cowan DS coz there so good and i have never heard a single bad thing about one

i was very close to buying a commencial 4x instead but the cost took me to the kona

in my oppinion i dont like spesh coz they are too big a company, i dont think their customer support would be good as a result of this, but thats just my oppinion, feel free to prove me wrong Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:46 Quote
jackdocy wrote:
I agree with most of u that almoast all kona's are shit, but there are a few which if used for their purpose are great! for instance i just bought a kona cowan DS coz there so good and i have never heard a single bad thing about one

i was very close to buying a commencial 4x instead but the cost took me to the kona

in my oppinion i dont like spesh coz they are too big a company, i dont think their customer support would be good as a result of this, but thats just my oppinion, feel free to prove me wrong Big Grin

alot of big companies out side of biking have really bad customer service, but in biking the large companies are exelent. my demo was damaged in the shipping procces, and i got my replacement upper chain stay the next day. trek, giant, and spec are awsome for that.
iv never really had a bad experiance inb bikeing, exept for marzzocchi. there not a cool bunch of guys.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
jackdocy wrote:

alot of big companies out side of biking have really bad customer service, but in biking the large companies are exelent. my demo was damaged in the shipping procces, and i got my replacement upper chain stay the next day. trek, giant, and spec are awsome for that.
iv never really had a bad experiance inb bikeing, exept for marzzocchi. there not a cool bunch of guys.
Long story short, my friend had to pay over $200 for new seals on his fork.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
jesus, has this thread really been going on this long. buy a commencal if your really into it, and willing to do the maintenance. buy the kona if your just starting and / or don't want to do maintenance. buy the specialized if you want in between. Done. oh, and most of you saying Kona's are shit, ever ridden one?

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 5:49 Quote
nosebleed wrote:
jesus, has this thread really been going on this long. buy a commencal if your really into it, and willing to do the maintenance. buy the kona if your just starting and / or don't want to do maintenance. buy the specialized if you want in between. Done. oh, and most of you saying Kona's are shit, ever ridden one?

he has already bought his commencal dude, he has a meta 6.1. and the Kona thing i agree most people jst talking bull as most havent even riden one, just going with what everyone else is saying, i have a kona nothings ever gone wrong, even when people say like something broke whats that got to do with kona? kona is the frame not the parts, and the parts are prob the same parts u can get on the other bikes.

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 9:52 Quote
mj-bass wrote:
nosebleed wrote:

he has already bought his commencal dude, he has a meta 6.1. and the Kona thing i agree most people jst talking bull as most havent even riden one, just going with what everyone else is saying, i have a kona nothings ever gone wrong, even when people say like something broke whats that got to do with kona? kona is the frame not the parts, and the parts are prob the same parts u can get on the other bikes.

seconded Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013555
Mobile Version of Website