Powered by Outside

Official Southwest Riders Thread

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Official Southwest Riders Thread
Mod
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 1:25 Quote
Drop BillyBigWheels a message. Also, if you're on the facebooks head over to the Woodland/Gawton Riders group.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 12:41 Quote
Thanks for the headsup.

I'll check them out. That Billy the kid ;d looks a decent rider ay!

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Drop BillyBigWheels a message. Also, if you're on the facebooks head over to the Woodland/Gawton Riders group.

Looks like Billy is being weird, not responding to my messages

Mod
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
I'll drop him a message on the Facebooks.

Mod
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 13:35 Quote
Drop him another message. ...he mass deleted his inbox recently.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
Can anyone enlighten me as to how tough going Gawton Gravity hub is and what kinda bikes are you using.
Any vid footage would be much appreciated as youtube stuff is old.
I’m guessing it’s gonna be greasy and loose wild at the mo having had this shizzle drizzle of late.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 2:55 Quote
You can definitely ride it on anything from an aggressive HT to a DH bike.

There's a vareity of trails there, of course you'd be best suited on a DH bike, but I'd happily ride it on an aggressive Trail bike.

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 3:53 Quote
Thanks for info T!

I'll use a 130mm r/140mm f plus bike so guess I'd be alright I reckon.

I'll try make it up there at some point sometime.
Will deffo be checking out Tamar Trails as that's prob best suited for me atm.

Am gonna check out youtube for any fresh footage

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 7:07 Quote
It’s just rocky. Very rocky. Although they have redone a load of tracks so will be better soon

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:10 Quote
Cock editing twat out

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
To whoever's "building" on quarry line at Landlake; Don't, just don't. If you want a wussy, wide, smooth track with no obstacles then go and make your own from scratch and ride it until you're able to tackle what's already there. Don't go ruining other peoples hard work because you can't ride it, it's selfish and ignorant. That track has been carefully maintained for over a decade by the original crew and is pretty much everyone's favourite one there so leave it alone. If it continues you will find you're not welcome in the woods, shovel in hand or not.

BTW your building is shit, a pile of rotten logs covered with pine needles is not a berm, it's an embarrassment.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
Not that I know that landlake quarry area but yeah yeeeesh sounds appalling building if you call it building!

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Can anyone enlighten me as to how tough going Gawton Gravity hub is and what kinda bikes are you using.
Any vid footage would be much appreciated as youtube stuff is old.
I’m guessing it’s gonna be greasy and loose wild at the mo having had this shizzle drizzle of late.

Cheers

Bit of time has passed and you've probably been loads by now but if you haven't, here you go!!! The team have done loads of work up there recently and I was really impressed by the quality and variety of the tracks now!

Views: 10,741    Faves: 71    Comments: 14

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
Thanks for that Matt, I’ve been occupied elsewhere doing sucky things of lifes dramas.

Hope to go one of these months as I’ve been local for a year now.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
So after about 9 years of not riding i have taken the plunge and bought i bike today, who from this thread still rides and wheres the best places to go.
hope to see some of you around
i will more than likely be making a fool of myself for the first couple of months as its been a while!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016935
Mobile Version of Website