Film Photography Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Film Photography Group
Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 3:10 Quote
If you can get hold of a couple of speedlites or anything along those lines, and some triggers, the 680 has a hotshoe and everything you need to it should be possible.

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 3:15 Quote
Cptn-Inafinus wrote:
Don't know why I even asked to question because looking back over it only goes up to 1/250th. You can clearly tell I largely shoot studio and landscape work on it mostly.

Can hire out flashes and triggers from college so will investigate.

It should go up to 1/400th if Wikipedia is to tell me anything about that camera...

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 3:21 Quote
We mostly use Metz CL-4's in college which are nice enough if a bit basic. As for triggers, I tend to just use hayooooooge PC cables because the triggers are a bit unreliable these days in college.

Really toying with the idea of setting up hideously choreographed and over organised bike shots. We're talking Gregory Crewdson here.

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 3:25 Quote
Sounds smart, Go for it!

Went to drop in my roll of Delta 100 yesterday, thought id try the post office, 'We cant develop black & white sorry'.

If they weren't such sweet old people id be mad. Gonna have to get it done in the week now.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 22:24 Quote
Love going to the darkroom at night and having the entire thing to myself. So calm and relaxing.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 3:18 Quote
Nothing but the hum of the Colenta C41 and the smell of fixer to keep you company (: I tend to like it cos I can blast out chunes which makes things much more fun.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 3:24 Quote
Where are you that has a fully automated processor!!!?! I want one. In my house. Haha.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 8:00 Quote
Apparently you can do C41 and E6 at home, for some reason I always thought it was more involved. I've never done color negs but it would be cool to do some one day.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 8:19 Quote
You can,but i mean a proper automatic machine. In goes film, i go out, i come home, bosh.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
I know, it would be quite convenient. I'd still prefer to do it all manually though.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 10:03 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Apparently you can do C41 and E6 at home, for some reason I always thought it was more involved. I've never done color negs but it would be cool to do some one day.

It's not that much different from black and white, it's just the temps have to be a lot more consistent.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 10:04 Quote
Muttley wrote:
You can,but i mean a proper automatic machine. In goes film, i go out, i come home, bosh.

Having one of those would be quite nice.

We have a machine for prints like that at school. You make your print exposure, and insert your paper into the machine and on the other end your finished print comes out. Only RC paper though.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:59 Quote
We have a C41 machine and colour print processing machine at uni! Big Grin Finally been shown how to use the £16,000 neg scanners:

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 12:55 Quote
Yeah, I'm at edinburgh college of art. As far as I'm aware we have the only fully equipped colour darkrooms in scotland any more. £100 a year gets me unlimited colour, b&w and print processing. 1.9p/ square inch on the epson 7800 printer too and all the gear you could dream of available on two day loans. It's radness if you make use of the £100 a year.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 15:19 Quote
Why the f*ck would a negative scanner cost £16,000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009983
Mobile Version of Website