Top 5 rear shocks

PB Forum :: Downhill
Top 5 rear shocks
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 7:15 Quote
Similar to this but push never seem to have it in stock in the uk.

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 7:25 Quote
marquis wrote:

photo

photo

The reason they don't stock it is that's its still not available yet.

You do realize Darren went to craig originally for shock talk and parts as well as input from craig on the dhx mods he originally did, the issue Darren ran into was he made the bridge too big and it was hitting frames, the hi/lo he was using was bought from avalanche its the same unit in the avalanche shock line up which works amazing.

Similair push has made or is trying to make the external high speed adjustment work where as craig sets that internally he removes the propedal and uses the pro pedal knob for the low speed compression and can add a extended reservoir as well for more oil and damping consistency.
Craig already designed a hi speed adjjster to fit in the stock bridge versus manufacturing a whole new one.
The reason its not stocked is Darren hasn't released it yet

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 7:35 Quote
bullcrew wrote:
marquis wrote:

photo

photo

The reason they don't stock it is that's its still not available yet.

You do realize Darren went to craig originally for shock talk and parts as well as input from craig on the dhx mods he originally did, the issue Darren ran into was he made the bridge too big and it was hitting frames, the hi/lo he was using was bought from avalanche its the same unit in the avalanche shock line up which works amazing.

Similair push has made or is trying to make the external high speed adjustment work where as craig sets that internally he removes the propedal and uses the pro pedal knob for the low speed compression and can add a extended reservoir as well for more oil and damping consistency.
Craig already designed a hi speed adjjster to fit in the stock bridge versus manufacturing a whole new one.
The reason its not stocked is Darren hasn't released it yet

I know from the push web that the original was an avvy unit called an mx too but it's no longer on there.

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
I gave only ran a FOX. But I just got a x-fusion vector hlr. Out performed the fox dhx immensely. So much easier on course adjustments. Hi lo bottom out blah blah blah. but that's just my opinion.

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 14:07 Quote
Which DHX were you using before?

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:

The Dix 5.0. And the new fox that's on my M9. Rc4.

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 16:54 Quote
oldschoolj wrote:
I gave only ran a FOX. But I just got a x-fusion vector hlr. Out performed the fox dhx immensely. So much easier on course adjustments. Hi lo bottom out blah blah blah. but that's just my opinion.

The avalanche modded dhx is literally just a fox chasis and all avalanche inside. So basically a light weight avalanche shock I know because I've ridden avy shocks for 5 years now and have a woodie chubby and dhs sitting here right now and took my chubbie off to run the dhx.

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 at 9:32 Quote
oldschoolj wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

And, in your opinion, it outperforms both the 5.0 and the RC4?

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 20:11 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
oldschoolj wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

And, in your opinion, it outperforms both the 5.0 and the RC4?

Pretty equilevant to the RC4 in performance, I like the Hi Lo speed adjust on the HLR better. I don't need an allen key to make the adjustments, just turn a dial...its just preference.
2010 X-Fusion Vector HLR 9.5 x 3.0 High Low adjust
2010 X-Fusion Vector HLR 9.5 x 3.0

Posted: Jan 29, 2012 at 13:33 Quote
gross, steel shafts are heavy... especially one that big.
i have a hard time believing its on par with a rc4

Posted: Jan 29, 2012 at 17:39 Quote
z-man wrote:
gross, steel shafts are heavy... especially one that big.
i have a hard time believing its on par with a rc4

This is the stock spring, I ran it with a 450 Ti spring, that is now on my RC4 that is tunes for my M9.... I want to run this shock , but I have no time to change it nor the present conditions to set it up... before race season....so it sits in my gear bag as a back up..

Posted: Jan 30, 2012 at 6:07 Quote
no thats a steel shaft

Posted: Jan 30, 2012 at 9:51 Quote
z-man wrote:
no thats a steel shaft

my bad....i thought you meant the coil....LOL>...

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 1:57 Quote
What would people say if I said my DHX RC2 feels a little harsh at race speed on the back on my Lapierre DH compared to the 40's up front?

[DHX RC2 is exactly the same as RC4, without High speed adjuster, or Bottom out control].

Im possibly considering upgrading the shock, to something that would match well with 40's. Although it is purley hyperthetical at the moment. I think if I were to bother the main one I would consider would be BOSS, or possibly Elka. CCDB scares me with its adjustments! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019423
Mobile Version of Website