Powered by Outside

RedBull Rampage '08

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
RedBull Rampage '08
O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 6:51 Quote
bomberdave wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
Gee couldn't run because he separated his shoulder, sadly. He had the gnarliest run set up, too.

Bender didn't ride, he was just up there to watch. I think he's a calmer rider now.

I'm pretty gutted that Semenuk won, his run was really damn tame, it was just a bunch of stupid little tricks off the smallest drops on the hill.

In all, RedBull stabbed the already dieing big mountain scene with the stupid wooden features and incorporation of slopestyle into this once legendary event. I miss real riding.

i didnt hate the wooden structures, but remeber the old spot? there was alot more length to the runs. Semenuks run was tam i though also. remeber dave watson shreding though the old course? or shaums? i think they needed a location where longer runs could have been built. the video of the winning run was about a minute long. from that run to i did see to much stuff that was smoothed out. however i also think to who was judging. Shandro, Simmoms etc. they ARE big mountain riders. there the mostexperianced guys in the sport, been there from the start of it untill now, so i dont doubt there ability to judge the contest fairly. however i vanderham hadnt crashed form the sounds of it the results would have been different, i want to see video of this 60 foot gap suicide no-hander.

freecaster.tv
redbullrampage.com

both have the no hander

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
Gee couldn't run because he separated his shoulder, sadly. He had the gnarliest run set up, too.

Bender didn't ride, he was just up there to watch. I think he's a calmer rider now.

I'm pretty gutted that Semenuk won, his run was really damn tame, it was just a bunch of stupid little tricks off the smallest drops on the hill.

In all, RedBull stabbed the already dieing big mountain scene with the stupid wooden features and incorporation of slopestyle into this once legendary event. I miss real riding.

Style, including tricks, only factored into 25 out of the 100 total points. Look at different footage of his run. It's a lot nastier then you're making it out to be. It's got a good mix of different technical features. Also, notice that pretty much all the people that placed high are big mountain guys.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
Red Bull Rampage: The Evolution Highlights

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/41679/

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
Views: 13,312    Faves: 195    Comments: 35

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
Here is a video that shows Gee's crash where he tweaks his shoulder (first segment) and Cam breaking his bike in the second segment.

Enjoy: http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/950/92/

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
I thought rampage was shit and there all pussys that cant hit over a 20ft jum f*ck rampage and f*ck biking

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
butters88 wrote:
I thought rampage was shit and there all pussys that cant hit over a 20ft jum f*ck rampage and f*ck biking
lol i kinda agree though, it was cool but not as cool as previous rampages

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
that sucks i missed the rampage!!!!!! Madder

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Views: 13,312    Faves: 195    Comments: 35
Thats sick

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
does anyone know the song in the rampage finals video on freecaster

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014168
Mobile Version of Website