Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
fontafox wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
Finally got round to installing the huber bushings on my spindrift. I can say that all my problems have disappeared and its smooth as butter now..!
So if you have the rockshox shock replace them as soon as you can, because there's so much difference. I can actually enjoy riding it now.

Propain recommended I buy the huber bushings in an email, I was kind of pissed off that they expect you to buy them yourself, they must know by now the rockshox bushings are shite and causing problems.

I know they come with the shock and it would cost them extra to change them but the customer changing something which is brand new isnt quite right.

Please try to notice if you have some issues with clicking noises. I also swapped to Huber...since then the performance is amazing, but the noise is driving me crazy.

I actually have them noises too, but they are not from the shock area. It only happens when I'm peddling, it sounds like they are coming from the bottom bracket. It only happens when theres pressure on the peddles.
Would a re grease benefit it.? Just to rule it out maybe.?

Does the click happen when your on the saddle ?

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
There was an announcement stating there was issues with the rockshox bearings installed but I believe they should all be sorted now. I'm not sure what period the faulty bearings were installed

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
monkshed wrote:
There was an announcement stating there was issues with the rockshox bearings installed but I believe they should all be sorted now. I'm not sure what period the faulty bearings were installed

Lol, they are still (knowingly) selling them with them installed! Just get fox!

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
monkshed wrote:

Lol, they are still (knowingly) selling them with them installed! Just get fox!

I wouldn't get Fox just for the sake of the bushes..they're only £30 lol

I'd use the money saved to get the Rockshox shock tuned for your bike, weight and riding style...plus pop some better bushes on at the time. I've had mine tuned and it's so much better now.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
monkshed wrote:

Where is the annoucement? Do you mean bushings?

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPqzxRssk3/

It`s in German though.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
twenty4chris wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPqzxRssk3/

It`s in German though.

Thanks, google translate for me.
I wont get my bike for 6 months anyway , ive ordered the uktimate coil, il get huber bushing anyway as sparss. Thanks

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
Gent,

Here below my experience.

As already said before,
photo

I sent my bike to propain for service maintenance due to 2 problems:
- 1st one is this f*cking noise : their reply : they sent the shox to SRAM, there is no issue the shock is perfect ... and the noise come from the spring (I totally disagree with that but anyway, they won't do more...).

- 2nd one, is, all top link bearing are already dead after 4 month of riding (only the weekend...) they changed all the bearing but they don't gave me any reason why the bearing are dead even if I said to them that the frame is not aligned (already presented here
). But for Propain team this is normal.

I am waiting for the bike since one month, I should received it back soon, and I will say to you if they fixed the issue or not.

FYI : I bought Offset bushing, that is much better than the piece of shit from SRAM.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
But for Propain team this is normal.

I don't think I'd be happy with that lack of alignment....my alu Tyee frame is spot on.

I've looked at the exploded diagram on Propain's site and I assume that nothing extra sits between the top rocker and the frame? So when you tighten up the top pivot bolt, you're flexing the frame to take up that 1 or 2 mm of tolerance? Confused

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
I would like to change my rear shock due to all this f*cking noise issue,

I though for this one :

https://www.bike-components.de/fr/Cane-Creek/Amortisseur-a-Ressort-en-Acier-Double-Barrel-Kitsuma-Coil-p81234/?o=69407489-black-230-mm-x-65-mm

Do you think it is possible to mount in on the sprindrift ?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
I would like to change my rear shock due to all this f*cking noise issue,

I though for this one :

https://www.bike-components.de/fr/Cane-Creek/Amortisseur-a-Ressort-en-Acier-Double-Barrel-Kitsuma-Coil-p81234/?o=69407489-black-230-mm-x-65-mm

Do you think it is possible to mount in on the sprindrift ?

What is the noise , i cant seem to open any of the videos ?

The shock seems like it could fit.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
spacer

Does anyone know what the silver spacer between the crown and headset is doing there? I have an L spindrift which could do with some more front end pop, perhaps this is a solution.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
I have Al spindrift and rock shox fork and my bike does not have that kind of spacer.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
isn't that a regular extended crown race, also called angle spacer?

It increase the effective stack by increasing the axle to crown length and it gives you also approximately a 0.5 degree slacker front end.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
How are we finding the delays on deliverys ? Are wee seeing any improvement .
Mines is shipping January, my view is il get it for March if im being realistic

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014135
Mobile Version of Website