Powered by Outside

Why do mountain bikers hate bmxers?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why do mountain bikers hate bmxers?
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
bmxzach wrote:
only read the last page, but seriously, you mtbers are calling us all these names, and that our riding is gay and such? THEN STOP f*ckING RIDING STREET AND PARK! i read somewhere that mtb's are becoming more and more like bmx's each year. the riding is deffinetly very close. so if you wanna argue about who's better? neither of us are. if you want to ride street/park, don't complain that we ride DJ's. its complete foolishness.

and or the helmet factor, yes, its all choice. but i agree with the one guy, if you get brain damage or something a spot might be tore down

freeriding isnt becoming more and more like bmx...

wow, good comprehension skillz...
frreriding is becomig more and more like bmx,if you like it or not that is the true

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
i think that you are stuck up prick. most of the people that bmx i know have great lives and why do most mouunatinbikers blame bmkxers for not waering lids so f*ck if they dont want to. i think you should stop hating and start putting some respect into other people riding if you dirt jump that comes form early bmxing if you ride street it came from bmxing most of the things you do are on differant size wheels so who gives a f*ck. thats for evancam

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
djforthewin wrote:
i think that you are stuck up prick. most of the people that bmx i know have great lives and why do most mouunatinbikers blame bmkxers for not waering lids so f*ck if they dont want to. i think you should stop hating and start putting some respect into other people riding if you dirt jump that comes form early bmxing if you ride street it came from bmxing most of the things you do are on differant size wheels so who gives a f*ck. thats for evancam

hahahahaha......did you get it all out sweetheart? I don't dj, I downhill, and I am a marginal rider at best. I just saw a post that said something about "why do mtb'ers hate bmx'ers" or something like that, and, seeing as how I am a mtb'er who hates bmx'ers, I thought I would weigh in. Hope you can get your panties out of a bunch.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
evancam wrote:
djforthewin wrote:

hahahahaha......did you get it all out sweetheart? I don't dj, I downhill, and I am a marginal rider at best. I just saw a post that said something about "why do mtb'ers hate bmx'ers" or something like that, and, seeing as how I am a mtb'er who hates bmx'ers, I thought I would weigh in. Hope you can get your panties out of a bunch.
f*ck YOU!!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
evancam wrote:
djforthewin wrote:

didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all...

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
around here most mtbers are a*sholes because they're balls havn't dropped yet and they think that 8in rotors and 200mm forks on their shitty hardtails are the shit...
mhmm as soon as i get my mtb, im tightening up the suspension, so its only there when i need it. and in getting really low travel on my forks

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
evancam wrote:
djforthewin wrote:

didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all...
no,my mother tell me to say the thing i think,
and whatever i say that to all the pepole who heat others just for being diferent

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
evancam wrote:
djforthewin wrote:

so f*ck my mates do downhill i dont hate i respect them for that, couple people i know at a skatepark they have 24's and 26's i dont hate, people on 20's i dont hate i ride with them unlike you who just sits at the computer and whinges about this sorta thing

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
i've always found things the other way round, with bmxers getting pissed at me for riding there parks.
not all mind you but some, it's a stupid debate though, we all jsut want to ride are bikes don't we ?

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
g-off7 wrote:
i've always found things the other way round, with bmxers getting pissed at me for riding there parks.
not all mind you but some, it's a stupid debate though, we all jsut want to ride are bikes don't we ?

But I have so much fun pissing off the whiny little bitches on this site. f*ck BMX hahahaha Cry

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
g-off7 wrote:

dependson your bike, i find people who bring their dh beast to skateparks are retarded...wouldn't you and all your friends think i was retarded for taking my bmx to the dh track?...the only difference is bmxers don't go to the dh tracks, but dher's go to the skatepark and get funny looks then think that all bmxers are idiots because they are riding their bikes in the wrong place...i donno i don't really care pinkbike will always be pinkbike...

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
and people will ALWAYS be haters. most of the people i ride with ride mtb, i just hate all the mtbers that think they're so much better than us because you have suspension and everything or whatever. yes, theres a difference. so what? most mtbers are turning into bmx style riders, i've even seet mtbers try to flatland. its stupid, just shut the f*ck up and accept we all ride bikes.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
for all,just go out and ride,stop heating other pepole,try anithing you want to try with any bike in any trai and every trik

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
Stooping to their level makes you just as bad though.

But the sad fact is that within every sport, activity, scene or whatever, there's always going to be pointless rivalry.

BMXERS / MTBERS

DH / XC

SKATEBOARDERS / INLINER / BMXERS

SNOWBOARDERS / SKIERS

CYCLISTS / WALKERS

SOCCER FANS / EVERYONE WHO DOESNT LIKE SOCCER

etc etc

I'm not justifying it or saying I agree, just thats unfortunately the way of it.

A bit of friendly banter is one thing, but some people take it too far.

Someone said narrowminded... that about sums it up.

I've never noticed this heated rivalry before, I'll be careful not to get caught in the crossfire next time I walk my dog.

Seriously though, I can understand BMX'ers annoyance at MTB'ers. When you show up at their jumps with a 30 pound bike you are riding a machine that is much larger than necessary. BMX'ers design their jumps for BMX bikes just like DH'ers design their trails for DH bikes, not dirt bikes.

Like all aspects or riding, people put time and energy into building riding spots and when people carelessly destroy them (not everyone) bad blood brews.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
evancam wrote:
Yeah well around here we laugh at BMXers because you are all failed children who blame your fathers for your your pathetic lives. I absolutely LOVE watching you idiots ride without helmets....I sit there like a kid on christmas morning waiting for one of you to land head first and die.
dude, luis pinzon, is like a pro BMX street rider. he just got his doctors licence or whatever it's called. some bmxers are idoits. some mtbers are idiots. it just depend on who you look at.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010957
Mobile Version of Website