Show off your Norco!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show off your Norco!
Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 21:09 Quote
photo

Just picked up a fluid FS4

Got the cheap one since I had a bunch of stuff to throw on it… still in process to try and de-pork it a bit further but so far so good. Fun bike.

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 8:47 Quote
2018 Norco fluid fs2 with many upgrades.

photo

This to me feels like I have it perfectly tuned for my area! Great for all the climbs but cushy enough for the drops and some jumps

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2023 at 18:10 Quote
Here is my Norco Torrent I picked up last year.

photo

photo

photo

I absolutely love this bike, climbs well and rips on the downs. Added a few things to it but nothing crazy. Rear tire insert, Aluminum PNW Range bars, PNW Loam 200mm dropper and lever, 203mm front rotor, Race Face Chester pedals Deity Speedtrap saddle and OneUp Grips.

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 22:01 Quote
Dav82 wrote:

Loving my a2 sight. Basically stock apart from grips and pedals. Killed the dissector on a day out at dyfi so new tyres are on the cards……
Weirdly my sister killed her Dissector on her brand new Range C2 on a first ride on Mount Seymore. She went and got a Conti Kryptotal. (If you'd told teenaged me that I would unironically discuss tire choice with my sister as middle aged adults, I would not have believed you.)

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 22:47 Quote
The-Foiling-Optimist wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

Loving my a2 sight. Basically stock apart from grips and pedals. Killed the dissector on a day out at dyfi so new tyres are on the cards……
Weirdly my sister killed her Dissector on her brand new Range C2 on a first ride on Mount Seymore. She went and got a Conti Kryptotal. (If you'd told teenaged me that I would unironically discuss tire choice with my sister as middle aged adults, I would not have believed you.)

Yep contis seem to be a solid choice…..just waiting for a less stomach churning price to show up! Shame as the dissector was a decent tyre just needed to be a double down perhaps. Swapped to a schwalbe set up(Mary and Hans then double Mary’s) but they’re full of holes now too…..

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 15:16 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

Yep contis seem to be a solid choice…..just waiting for a less stomach churning price to show up! Shame as the dissector was a decent tyre just needed to be a double down perhaps. Swapped to a schwalbe set up(Mary and Hans then double Mary’s) but they’re full of holes now too…..

I have the Conti Kryptotal in Enduro/Soft on my FS and they’re awesome! The only thing I don’t like about my hardtail is that they don’t have those tires yet haha.

Have you ridden the Kryptotal’s as well? My Torrent came with Hans Dampf front and rear and part of me wanted to try a Magic Mary up front. The other part of me wants to just run the HDs so I can get the Conti’s. We have a lot of hardpack, loose over hardpack trails here. Just wondering your take on it?

Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 22:59 Quote
mtbivans wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

I have the Conti Kryptotal in Enduro/Soft on my FS and they’re awesome! The only thing I don’t like about my hardtail is that they don’t have those tires yet haha.

Have you ridden the Kryptotal’s as well? My Torrent came with Hans Dampf front and rear and part of me wanted to try a Magic Mary up front. The other part of me wants to just run the HDs so I can get the Conti’s. We have a lot of hardpack, loose over hardpack trails here. Just wondering your take on it?

I’ve got a couple riding mates who run the kryptotals in the enduro soft compound. I’ve ridden their bikes and they felt great….they’ve never had any flats riding the same stuff as me.

Don’t get me wrong the mm/hd combo and even double Mary’s are a good set up for everything I ride locally(from trail centre to natural off piste stuff) it’s just every time I take a trip to wales I’ve wrecked at least one tyre….the rocks are very pointy out there and there’s more speed involved…..possibly worse line choices also!! The contis make sense as my next set of tyres but the 70-80 per tyre is hard the stomach at the minute….

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 11:49 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
mtbivans wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

I’ve got a couple riding mates who run the kryptotals in the enduro soft compound. I’ve ridden their bikes and they felt great….they’ve never had any flats riding the same stuff as me.

Don’t get me wrong the mm/hd combo and even double Mary’s are a good set up for everything I ride locally(from trail centre to natural off piste stuff) it’s just every time I take a trip to wales I’ve wrecked at least one tyre….the rocks are very pointy out there and there’s more speed involved…..possibly worse line choices also!! The contis make sense as my next set of tyres but the 70-80 per tyre is hard the stomach at the minute….

I hear ya! I was looking at an Assegai/Dissector combo as well as the Kryptotals when I was shopping. I was really leaning towards the Conti’s and I caught a sale. They were cheaper then the Maxxis so it was a no brainer.

I think I’m just going run down these Hans Dampf’s and replace them with the Kryptotal as well it’s such a great tire.

Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 13:10 Quote
Very anecdotally, in addition to being a great all around tire, I feel the Conti's have better wear characteristics than the Magin Mary for example. It's a bit early to tell but I put a pair on my Aurum DH bike at the end of last season and put around 12 bike park days on the tires since then, and they show very little wear, less than I was seeing the Marys that were previously on that bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2023 at 8:13 Quote
Very anecdotally, in addition to being a great all around tire, I feel the Conti's have better wear characteristics than the Magin Mary for example. It's a bit early to tell but I put a pair on my Aurum DH bike at the end of last season and put around 12 bike park days on the tires since then, and they show very little wear, less than I was seeing the Marys that were previously on that bike.

That’s awesome! Good to know. I was a bit worried about the life of the tires considering how chunky those knobs are and the amount of grip. Conti seems to have it figured out.

Posted: Nov 13, 2023 at 7:31 Quote
Is there someone who can confirm that a 220mm rotor fits on the last gen Sight?

EDIT: I confirm that a 220mm fits on my large aluminium sight! There's 2mm between the disc and the chainstay.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 13:24 Quote
photo
photo
2022 Bigfoot 1. Made some updates like the Mastodon Fork (110mm Travel), Oneup Pedals, 40mm stem, Carbon Handlebars and partially studded the tires to deal with all the ice we have the past two years. Love how this thing rides. Norco really nailed it with this bike. Quick and responsive while still very stable. Did some black diamond runs last winter and it was such a blast. It's also great as a no-nonsense trail bike in the summer.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2024 at 1:18 Quote
luke59 wrote:
photo
photo
2022 Bigfoot 1. Made some updates like the Mastodon Fork (110mm Travel), Oneup Pedals, 40mm stem, Carbon Handlebars and partially studded the tires to deal with all the ice we have the past two years. Love how this thing rides. Norco really nailed it with this bike. Quick and responsive while still very stable. Did some black diamond runs last winter and it was such a blast. It's also great as a no-nonsense trail bike in the summer.

Sick bike! I have the 3 with a few upgrades (grips, pedals, dropper, brakes and studded tires). Excellent bike but I am a bit tempted on picking up some lighter wheels.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 9:42 Quote
Just picked up a 23 Fluid FS2.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021438
Mobile Version of Website