Powered by Outside

Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
photo
Its the screw that has the nut attached to it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Those are chain tensioners. They would not of come with the frame

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
ShredNTread wrote:
photo

Chain tensioners are unnecessary, and if it’s stripped it was likely installed / used incorrectly to begin with.

If you feel you still want one, Amazon has a 2 pack of Origin8 for $10, they look solid.
photo

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
ShredNTread wrote:

Chain tensioners are unnecessary, and if it’s stripped it was likely installed / used incorrectly to begin with.

If you feel you still want one, Amazon has a 2 pack of Origin8 for $10, they look solid.
photo

I couldn't find chain tensioners to fit my Streetsweeper, the dropouts were too short. Maybe the Cryptkeeper is different, but it's something to watch out for.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
The Knight Gumdrop is a good one for short dropouts. I agree though, unnecessary altogether

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The Knight Gumdrop is a good one for short dropouts. I agree though, unnecessary altogether

Yea, I couldn't find any Knight Gumdropz unfortunately

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
This guy thought the tensioner came w the frame. Smh poor guy take a link out and slam that shit for optimal geometric value. If chain won't work try half link , full link, dif gear ratio. Might have to do a line of crud and tweaker out on it in the garage and then the kitchen/ dining room table and or bedroom. Be prepared for some good clean dirty methed up tinkering. Tip Have mining headlamp on hand

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 15:47 Quote
My v1 cryptkeeper on profile hubs and a super whack gear ratio
Deity cryptkeeper profile hubs argyle rct

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Been looking for a dirt jumper lately and my local shop has a brand new cryptkeeper frame in stock that they offered to build up for me for a great price. Pretty stoked about it and already committed to it but still wanted to see if current owners thought it was a worthwhile investment - to build out a frame that's a few years old (but brand new.) Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 9:20 Quote
AlexBreck wrote:
Been looking for a dirt jumper lately and my local shop has a brand new cryptkeeper frame in stock that they offered to build up for me for a great price. Pretty stoked about it and already committed to it but still wanted to see if current owners thought it was a worthwhile investment - to build out a frame that's a few years old (but brand new.) Thoughts?
Do it !

Regret selling my sweeper .

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
Is it the later version with the tapered head tube? If it is, then that’s a no-brainer. Steel DJ frames haven’t really changed much in the past 10 years apart from being able to run tapered forks now.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Is it the later version with the tapered head tube? If it is, then that’s a no-brainer. Steel DJ frames haven’t really changed much in the past 10 years apart from being able to run tapered forks now.

No, its the V2 with the straight headtube. Fork options will be limited. Planning to build up with a circus.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
AlexBreck wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

No, its the V2 with the straight headtube. Fork options will be limited. Planning to build up with a circus.

It's a great frame I loved mine when I had it. The fact they have a brand new one is great. Unfortunately you're shit out of luck if you break the frame since they stopped making it. Asides from that factor. Definitely worth building.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Still not a bad frame at the right price, though.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 12:45 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Still not a bad frame at the right price, though.

full price for complete build including diety frame and circus fork is under $1k. seems like a solid deal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015566
Mobile Version of Website