Powered by Outside

Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
Not feeling it , I like em more shiny ...

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
Mondraker summum vs new Scott gambler? Anyone got good or bad points about either of these bikes?

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
frankfitzpatrick wrote:
Mondraker summum vs new Scott gambler? Anyone got good or bad points about either of these bikes?

Gambler all the way, so planted and very nice geometry. Was planning on getting a summum until people told me they pretty much fell apart and the bearings ate themselves, althought they were very quick when set up right.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
frankfitzpatrick wrote:

Gambler all the way, so planted and very nice geometry. Was planning on getting a summum until people told me they pretty much fell apart and the bearings ate themselves, althought they were very quick when set up right.

Gambler isn't too light tho. I rode a new summum and loved it, so fast and light. Jumped really well and it was so maneuverable

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 14:12 Quote
i absolutely love my gambler, its easily 5x better than my previous commencal v3. its such a planted bike, really well refined and bombproof, the weight comes as a consequence of that though. i've never rode a summum but from what i've heard they're also good bikes however reliability wise not so good in comparison to the scott.

you're obviously posting in a really biased forum though

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
JackDarby4 wrote:
i absolutely love my gambler, its easily 5x better than my previous commencal v3. its such a planted bike, really well refined and bombproof, the weight comes as a consequence of that though. i've never rode a summum but from what i've heard they're also good bikes however reliability wise not so good in comparison to the scott.

Haha yeah of course but it's good to hear what people have heard about summums aswell. The summum just flew in the air and turned like a beast, how's the gamblers handling and jumping ability?

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 15:05 Quote
frankfitzpatrick wrote:
JackDarby4 wrote:

Haha yeah of course but it's good to hear what people have heard about summums aswell. The summum just flew in the air and turned like a beast, how's the gamblers handling and jumping ability?

handling wise the gambler is amazing, it just eats up the rough, steep, techy stuff. its a long bike though so its a little less nimble in the really tight stuff, that said though i've found that in its shorter setting its actually better than my former v3. cornering as a whole though is awesome and i cant stress enough how stable the bike is. jumping wise its not the most playful bike (try telling fairclough that though) although its by no means a slouch, again its really stable in the air and once you get used to it improves its jumping ability. it must be said that the extra weight you seem concerned about is unnoticeable when actually on the bike

i've never rode summum, but in my opinion the gambler is a better bike particularly if you plan on racing

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 21:57 Quote
I haven't ridden a mondraker but I can tell you that the gambler is insane. Suspension eats everything up, corners like no other, jumps like it's got a lot less travel. In fact i've given it to guys to try on a couple runs and the first thing they commented on was how easy it was to jump it, and they were coming from more freeride sort of bikes.

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 3:37 Quote
Awesome ive already ridden a mondraked and it was amazing. So fast, light and great in the corners. Im testing a gambler this weekend so hopefully i will love it as is it apparently its a stronger and more reliable bike than the summum. I also think it looks better. Thanks for your help guys

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 3:55 Quote
gambler mega tank/hulk would ride>summum thin wall alloys known to break

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
elanto wrote:
gambler mega tank/hulk would ride>summum thin wall alloys known to break

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 14:16 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10568077/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10568075/

my new steed

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 17:35 Quote
tankzaclover wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10568077/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10568075/

my new steed

<Photo does not exist: 10568077>

<Photo does not exist: 10568075>

FYP

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 23:18 Quote
Thanks. Old gamblers nicer than new ones

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 1:55 Quote
Old are nicer than the new ones? Ehhh... No.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014795
Mobile Version of Website