Alberta DH Cup 2008/2009

PB Forum :: Downhill
Alberta DH Cup 2008/2009
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
dhiller11 wrote:
any decent hotels around blairmore?? or even a campground?
You may camp right on the hill. Hotels - No, you can find some Motels by doing a search on Google though. Staying in Sparwood is my suggestion

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
sexley wrote:
dhiller11 wrote:
You may camp right on the hill. Hotels - No, you can find some Motels by doing a search on Google though. Staying in Sparwood is my suggestion
like can i bring my 5th wheel or motorhome?

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
dhiller11 wrote:
sexley wrote:
dhiller11 wrote:
like can i bring my 5th wheel or motorhome?

Sure but there are no services on the hill. There is a campground right in Blairmore, it's called the Lost Lemon. Here's a link:http://www.lostlemon.com/

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
SUPER DUPER TANKS^

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
photo

Due to popular demand we are now offering a way to pre-register for the Rum Runner. For all you riders that either don't have a credit card or don't like using it online.

Go here: http://www.freewebs.com/adhra/registerhere.htm

When you check in your info will already be on file all you need to do is pay and go race. No more filling out registration forms and standing in line.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 8:29 Quote
Massive thanks to all the racers, volunteers and family/friends that showed up to make the Alberta Cup #3 at Rabbit Hill a success!! We had a huge turn out with 104 registered competitors.

I will have a crap load of pictures soon, so shoot me a plate and we'll get you a shot.

There's lots of areas we will improve on for next year. If anyone has any suggestions, please message me or email me at kieran@parkcycle.ca

We will be hosting a fall 4X series in sep/oct. Keep your eyes open for upcoming info.
4X - 4 races - 4 weeks - 4 the win.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
is there age groups for this because im looking to get into this for next season

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
Hey,
I was the kid who was filming at the Park Cycle race in Edmonton. Sorry it is taking so long to get the video up, but i had some problems with uploading the footage onto my computer. I have started editing tho, and its going pretty well so far. If you were racing could you send me your time on the course, your name, as wel as a photo to help me match you up to the footage. If you can't get a photo a discription will work also. Good luck to all at Blairmore.
-Isaac
P.s. i will be away for a week, so don't expect the video to be up for a little while, but I'll be working on it more as soon as I get back.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
BeastlyBrant wrote:
is there age groups for this because im looking to get into this for next season

Sure is

U13 - U15 - U17 - Junior - Senior - Masters A, B and C - Elite

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
adreno wrote:
Massive thanks to all the racers, volunteers and family/friends that showed up to make the Alberta Cup #3 at Rabbit Hill a success!! We had a huge turn out with 104 registered competitors.

I will have a crap load of pictures soon, so shoot me a plate and we'll get you a shot.

There's lots of areas we will improve on for next year. If anyone has any suggestions, please message me or email me at kieran@parkcycle.ca

We will be hosting a fall 4X series in sep/oct. Keep your eyes open for upcoming info.

Weekend or weeknights? Please say weekends I love 4X and can't make it during the week.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
Hey Y'all

Only one week till the DH provincials at the very sweet Powderkeg course. Everything is coming together nicely, got a couple of great sponsors on board, the course is looking good, (some trees are being removed to accommodate you 30" bar freaks) and the weather is, well, the weather. Let's see what happens.

The big thing we need help with right now are volunteers to help with marshalling on the course. We are providing lunches etc for anyone who does vollie duty on Sunday. We also need help with shuttling. I'm making up some custom bike boards for the trucks to prevent any damage like last year and the first six drivers to sign-up for the weekend will get to keep the rack as a thank you.

See you this weekend, cheers.

Doug

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
adreno wrote:

Weekend or weeknights? Please say weekends I love 4X and can't make it during the week.

Cheers

It'll be a sat or sun Doug.....it would be awesome to get you and some others from Calgary up for it!

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey Y'all

Only one week till the DH provincials at the very sweet Powderkeg course. Everything is coming together nicely, got a couple of great sponsors on board, the course is looking good, (some trees are being removed to accommodate you 30" bar freaks) and the weather is, well, the weather. Let's see what happens.

The big thing we need help with right now are volunteers to help with marshalling on the course. We are providing lunches etc for anyone who does vollie duty on Sunday. We also need help with shuttling. I'm making up some custom bike boards for the trucks to prevent any damage like last year and the first six drivers to sign-up for the weekend will get to keep the rack as a thank you.

Doug
How hard is the track at Pass Powderkeg? I'm just getting into DH Racing, and have already planned to be there. It sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend!

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
sx04 wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey Y'all

Doug
How hard is the track at Pass Powderkeg? I'm just getting into DH Racing, and have already planned to be there. It sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend!

It's probably the best course for someone just starting, not too techinical but tricky to go really fast on.

Hope to see you there!!

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
sx04 wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey Y'all

Doug

It's probably the best course for someone just starting, not too techinical but tricky to go really fast on.

Hope to see you there!!
Thanks. Sounds great!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015142
Mobile Version of Website