BROMONT RIDERS!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
BROMONT RIDERS!
Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 14:54 Quote
jpjpj wrote:
turco999 wrote:
Will be my first year in recent memory that I'm not getting a pass to Bromont. Picked up a Mtn Creek pass at the end of last year for less than what the Bromont pass is. Longer season, better flow trails with bigger features, gnarlier tech trails than all the legal stuff at Bromont, and a better drive for me.

Not upset about Bromont, but do find its lost its charm the last few years. Still hope to make it out for a weekend to see what's been done.

Mtn Creek look awesome... but a long road from bromont, where do you leave?

It's really nice. Same vertical as Bromont, but a better mix of flow and gnar trails there. The gondola kinda sucks.

From Hamilton in Ontario. I usually do 3-4 weekend trips to get my season pass worth. Both Bromont and Mtn Creek are about 8hrs away, but Mtn Creek is just a better drive (the 401 is really boring, and I don't have to drive through Toronto)

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 11:57 Quote
turco999 wrote:
jpjpj wrote:
turco999 wrote:
Will be my first year in recent memory that I'm not getting a pass to Bromont. Picked up a Mtn Creek pass at the end of last year for less than what the Bromont pass is. Longer season, better flow trails with bigger features, gnarlier tech trails than all the legal stuff at Bromont, and a better drive for me.

Not upset about Bromont, but do find its lost its charm the last few years. Still hope to make it out for a weekend to see what's been done.

Mtn Creek look awesome... but a long road from bromont, where do you leave?

It's really nice. Same vertical as Bromont, but a better mix of flow and gnar trails there. The gondola kinda sucks.

From Hamilton in Ontario. I usually do 3-4 weekend trips to get my season pass worth. Both Bromont and Mtn Creek are about 8hrs away, but Mtn Creek is just a better drive (the 401 is really boring, and I don't have to drive through Toronto)

Stop by at Camp Fortune this summer man! 5hr drive from Hamilton. Lifts run Wednesday-Thursday & Saturday-Sunday

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 19:13 Quote
I had a pass at Fortune a couple seasons ago too. I love that place, maybe more than Bromont. Good to see how much they invested in the trails last year too. The dig crew really took that place up a few steps.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 20:12 Quote
Does camp fortune get busy on weekends, what's the lift line like?

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 6:27 Quote
Turco Thats a great point, having to drive all the way to bromont on the 401 kills it for me and then driving thru Toronto and then Montreal

Mountain creek sounds cool

Is there any other good parks south of the border, about the same drive as bromont?

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 6:55 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Turco Thats a great point, having to drive all the way to bromont on the 401 kills it for me and then driving thru Toronto and then Montreal

Is there any other good parks south of the border, about the same drive as bromont?

Killington is slightly further (might be closer to you through the US) and is a good spot. Free camping, too.

Burke is nearby too, but IMO doesn't offer a ton of trails, unless you love jumps. Though, if you can get shuttled to the top of the mountain, the few trails up there are pretty great.

But yeah agreed. The 401 drive from Belleville to the Quebec border is the absolute worst boring crap. And tons of horrible drivers.

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 8:18 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Does camp fortune get busy on weekends, what's the lift line like?
It can, but honestly most of the lineups tend to happen on weekdays around 5-6PM.
On the weekends its pretty rare that the wait is longer than 5 mins tops.

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 17:35 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Killington as was already mentioned, then there's Thunder Mtn and Bolton Valley. If you like jumps, Thunder. If you like tech, Bolton all the way. Both are maybe another hour of driving one way vs Bromont

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 8:52 Quote
rugbyred wrote:
Heard a rumor that, no surprise, passes are going up in price. The worst part, weekdays may only open at 12. Hopefully that doesn’t come true.

More money, less time to ride? Common Bromont, please don’t do that :/

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 10:56 Quote
72!!

PS. DON'T BUY THESE!Facepalm

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2024 at 21:05 Quote
JulesBri wrote:
Does Bromont rent bikes?

Yeah they have RM AltitudeA30s.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 9:15 Quote
Am I blind or did the 2 and 3 day pass deal disappear?

Very confused Very confused

https://www.bromontmontagne.com/en/mountain-biking-season-passes-and-tickets/

Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 12:59 Quote
41 more bedtimes before opening day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011720
Mobile Version of Website