Powered by Outside

Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
goytay wrote:
lazarescu wrote:
goytay wrote:

I'll ask around seeing as im 2 blocks from norco HQ.

Thanks dude.

Hey bad news, the caps themselves are not available, Quote Norco "We can get these parts for you but they will come as part of a kit for each of the pivots. these kits retail at Seatstay $43.99, Chain stay $42.99, BB $59.99 and Linkarm $39.99 respectively. These will include shafts, bolts and bearings for the pivots. Unfortunately the specific part you want is not sold separate."
Maybe see if re-anodize them, or maybe have some caps milled?

Cheers Brian

Thanks for the info. Bit expensive to grab all those kits that you may not need. Re-anodising might work, or I'll talk to a machinist friend, see if he wants to bust out the mill/cnc.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 3:46 Quote
Hi guys, sorry for the standard question I need a good starting point for the coil spring rate, I'm 195 lb/ 88 kg on 2018 aurum with rs kage
Thanks all

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
Nitrox416 wrote:
Hi guys, sorry for the standard question I need a good starting point for the coil spring rate, I'm 195 lb/ 88 kg on 2018 aurum with rs kage
Thanks all

350 or 400 depends on your riding style.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
I'M about 190lb, I used a 400lb spring but found it a bit soft, I then had my vivid shock revalved a bit firmer and now use a 450lb spring as recommended b j-tech suspension, I think this feels good for just about all weather and trail conditions, as well as jumping and drop offs, I also use a progressive fork spring in my boxxer teams, which is like a bit softer than a red spring at the start then firming up to a blue spring in feel half way through the travel, this keeps the bike balance really level.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
mark3 wrote:
I'M about 190lb, I used a 400lb spring but found it a bit soft, I then had my vivid shock revalved a bit firmer and now use a 450lb spring as recommended b j-tech suspension, I think this feels good for just about all weather and trail conditions, as well as jumping and drop offs, I also use a progressive fork spring in my boxxer teams, which is like a bit softer than a red spring at the start then firming up to a blue spring in feel half way through the travel, this keeps the bike balance really level.

What kind of spring is it and where did you get it from? Very interested as this sounds too good.
Cheers

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
hi, if you are on about the fork spring, i got it from race springs only, guys named seanan, its not cheap but it,s one of the best upgrades i've ever done, the shock springs from super alloy racing

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
mark3 wrote:
hi, if you are on about the fork spring, i got it from race springs only, guys named seanan, its not cheap but it,s one of the best upgrades i've ever done, the shock springs from super alloy racing

Yeah i meant the fork spring. Thx mate!

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
hello, I got my 2014 aurum LE and I love it. coming off a devinci johnson that didn't fit it's perfect

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
hello, I got my 2014 aurum LE and I love it. coming off a devinci johnson that didn't fit it's perfect

Great welcome to Norco!!

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
goytay wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

Great welcome to Norco!!
a great welcome indeed. its perfect because its a dh bike but i can still push it up the hills without dying haha

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
goytay wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

Great welcome to Norco!!
a great welcome indeed. its perfect because its a dh bike but i can still push it up the hills without dying haha

True!

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
Hi all,

Anyone know the make and model of the chain guide that came on the 2016 Aurum C7.1?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
arewolfe wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know the make and model of the chain guide that came on the 2016 Aurum C7.1?

Thanks in advance.
here's what i came across on norco's archives: E-13 LG 1 +DMB guide with lower guard

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011584
Mobile Version of Website