Powered by Outside

The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:19 Quote
Yum - just booking my whistler holiday next year, cant wait Smile - wonder if Ill be the first Slackline down that hill...

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:25 Quote
thelumberjack wrote:
Yum - just booking my whistler holiday next year, cant wait Smile - wonder if Ill be the first Slackline down that hill...

Negative took mine there last year

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
Dammit- good effort! Did I specifiy that I reckon Id be the first to 'walk' the whole thing? Maybe that'll be my saving grace....

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:29 Quote
thelumberjack wrote:
Dammit- good effort! Did I specifiy that I reckon Id be the first to 'walk' the whole thing? Maybe that'll be my saving grace....

The slackline can take it man just go for it! It's funny seeing everyone on their 8in downhill bikes stare at you

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:37 Quote
Its the rider thatll be the weak link I can assure you - still stoked on that BFE vid, if he can do it I can do it (hurriedly finalizes purchase of medical insurance!)

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 10:58 Quote
That BFe vid is mint. Was just setting my sights on a ROS9 frame only build and now I'm doubting if I should make the step up to 29" or not! Damn advertising! I only seem to fall for it when a bike is involved.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:01 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated tup
ns surge M. white industries crankset with goldie looking gusset bling halflink chain. aka bars. thomson stem. rockshox revelation 150mm fork. superstar wheelset with hope 180mm rotors.
at 150 head angle & bb geo feel great - will you post pictures when complete??

That's the plan. Big Grin

I want one of those "26" ain't dead" shirts.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
By the way has anyone got any experience on the Zee groupset - I'll need a new rear derailleur come spring and having eaten three x9 ones this year (entirely rider enthusiasm/error) was wondering if anyone had any thoughts - Ive never had a clutch and even though Ill need a new shifter its a very economical way to go about it. Many thanks

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:14 Quote
boiltheocean wrote:
That BFe vid is mint. Was just setting my sights on a ROS9 frame only build and now I'm doubting if I should make the step up to 29" or not! Damn advertising! I only seem to fall for it when a bike is involved.

If I building a new hardtail I'd be pretty tempted to go 29.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
The solaris is stunning, but I cant help being tempted by a 27.5 though as a snappier in between if we are to believe the hype - some call it science. (disclaimer, lives in cave, hasn't ridden either) Frankly a new bike is reason enough to be excited regardless of wheel size - I look forward to seeing it!

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:20 Quote
Been running a Zee derailleur and shifter all year. Solid performance and very good value for money, the shifter feels a bit cheap but that doesn't bother me all that much.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
Nice, would it be worth getting my paws on a 2nd hand XT shifter do you think?

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 12:13 Quote
dingus wrote:
boiltheocean wrote:

Yeah people will debate all day about 26 vs 29, but for me the choice is always smaller wheels for full suspension and 29 hardtail.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
greendarthtater wrote:
dingus wrote:
boiltheocean wrote:

Yeah people will debate all day about 26 vs 29, but for me the choice is always smaller wheels for full suspension and 29 hardtail.

sounds sensible to me - the luxuries of several bikes!

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 12:26 Quote
Whats the best brake for this type of riding to go on my soul when i get it ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021011
Mobile Version of Website