The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 18:12 Quote
Always wanted those cranks tbh

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 18:15 Quote
Arent they hollowbites? If so my mate has had some since 2007

In fact most of his bike is the same as 2006-7 eclat stream fork, hollowbites 8.25" bars (but with a riser stem)

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 19:08 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Always wanted those cranks tbh
Yeah they're some of the best cranks I've ridden and love the look
And yeah jespinal you are correct they are hollowbites

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 19:27 Quote
Everyone's seem to last. A little creaky but worth it imo and yea great looking.
But can't go wrong with most cranks these days.

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 20:47 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Everyone's seem to last. A little creaky but worth it imo and yea great looking.
But can't go wrong with most cranks these days.
Pretty much indestructible except via user error. Only ever seen one broken pair and they were mad old and used the entire time by a huge guy who goes real big.

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 3:37 Quote
The pedal insert sucks on them though. Although mine must be over 6 years old now. I just wish they didn't creak so much.

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 3:54 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
The pedal insert sucks on them though. Although mine must be over 6 years old now. I just wish they didn't creak so much.
Me to they do creak an awful lot but I've gotten used to it after a couple years of riding them

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 5:06 Quote
that would bother the f*ck out of me.... no thanks...

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 5:13 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
that would bother the f*ck out of me.... no thanks...
my bike makes no noises except for my chain

but crankflip lyfe so yeah

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 5:20 Quote
im pissed at my bike atm tbh... built it up a month and a bit ago and the BB is already f*cked Blank Stare running the correct centre spacer too.

edit: to clarify it was a crispy brand new one as well....

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 5:35 Quote
can I mount a v-brake system in u-brake mounts? it pisses me off that I threw away some bits of my flybikes EBS brake mounting kit and I the whole set costs 30€ and I have a pimpin' u-brake laying around and I can't friggin' use it

however I want a brake and as much as I hate the looks of v-brakes this is the cheapest quickest option

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 5:58 Quote
jespinal wrote:
can I mount a v-brake system in u-brake mounts? it pisses me off that I threw away some bits of my flybikes EBS brake mounting kit and I the whole set costs 30€ and I have a pimpin' u-brake laying around and I can't friggin' use it

however I want a brake and as much as I hate the looks of v-brakes this is the cheapest quickest option

Unfortunately no you can not use V-brakes on U-brake mounts do to the location of the mounts in relation to rim. You won't be able to get the pads to line up to the rims basically.

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
jespinal wrote:

Unfortunately no you can not use V-brakes on U-brake mounts do to the location of the mounts in relation to rim. You won't be able to get the pads to line up to the rims basically.
dammit

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 8:03 Quote
I remembered someone telling me that gyro tabs would work I looked it up and my frame's gyro tabs and the brake mount have the same holes and threads so I went with a blank kit that has gyro tabs and a bridge, in a week I should be able to mount my brake

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 14:04 Quote
Today I saw a friend who I hadn't seen in ages, I told him hey I learned feeble hards

All I got "and you still struggle with those?" From a guy who sold his bike to buy weed and never could learn smiths grinds

Smh

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020699
Mobile Version of Website