Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 12:07 Quote
Those who have dealt with frame warranties, what has your experience been like with Mondraker?

Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 3:22 Quote
wbro74 wrote:
Those who have dealt with frame warranties, what has your experience been like with Mondraker?

Back in 2017/18 I snapped a Foxy and the warranty process was brilliant, however it was through Silverfish at the time, who are no longer the UK reps for Mondraker...

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 13:01 Quote
Hello, I have a 2019 Carbon Foxy 29 and am trying to find a bearing replacement kit for all the pivots. Anyone suggest anywhere to get these? Their website didn’t offer much but a schematic page. Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 5:48 Quote
You should be able to call Zeitbike and get them.

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 7:13 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
You should be able to call Zeitbike and get them.
Zeitbike. Copy, thank you.

Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 0:03 Quote
Jaydenc wrote:
Hello, I have a 2019 Carbon Foxy 29 and am trying to find a bearing replacement kit for all the pivots. Anyone suggest anywhere to get these? Their website didn’t offer much but a schematic page. Thanks in advance!

As far as I know you'll need:
- 6902 - x6
- 6900 - x2
- 6802 - x4

It is recommended to use cageless bearings as they offer better performance for angular applications such as the suspension pivots.

Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 14:12 Quote
Hello

Has anyone fitted 200mm brake rotor for 2019-> Foxy Carbon?
I have -21 foxy carbon xr, and I would like to upgrade the rear rotor for bigger one. There is this odd frame adapter. Do you guys have found a solution for the upgrade?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 12:53 Quote
Hi everyone,

Apologies if someone already posted, but I couldn't find anything about this.
I have a 2021 foxy alloy (base model) that comes if the FOX DPS rear shock.
I'm considering getting a new rear shock and I'm leaning toward the new fox float x.
Everything I'm reading online indicate that it is a bit more sensitive than the DPSX2 and offer more bottom out protection, which would be good to the "unique" suspension design of the foxy, I think.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Float X, specially on the Foxy, and what's your opinion about it.
I was also thinking about the Float X2, but I believe something a little more progressive would be a better fit for the Foxy.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 14:20 Quote
I'm considering buying a 29" Foxy RR.. with 150mm rear travel. I'd like to increase this to 160mm+...
Anyone been able to do this? I checked Cascade links.. and notta.. anyone over shock these?
I know the 'super foxy' has 160mm.. but I am not looking at one of those..

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 7:02 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
I'm considering buying a 29" Foxy RR.. with 150mm rear travel. I'd like to increase this to 160mm+...
Anyone been able to do this? I checked Cascade links.. and notta.. anyone over shock these?

I suspect they just use a longer shock/stroke between the XR and regular Foxy, the frames are often not any different. Worth finding out what it uses and should be no reason you can't run the same length/stroke.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 10:16 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
dooge wrote:
I suspect they just use a longer shock/stroke between the XR and regular Foxy, the frames are often not any different. Worth finding out what it uses and should be no reason you can't run the same length/stroke.

All 2022 onwards Foxy carbon models use 205x65 shocks which deliver 150 mm of travel so you can't get more travel via increasing the shock stroke as 65 mm is the maximum stroke available for 205 shocks

For the 2018 to 2021 Foxy carbon and 2018 to current Foxy alloy use 205x62.5 shocks and deliver 150 mm of travel so you could theoretically use a 65 mm shock increasing the travel of the bike a bit (something around 156 mm doing quick math). You'll never be able to get to the 160 mm + rear travel.

Also depending on the frame size you could encounter cleareance issues between the front and rear triangle when fully compressed (maybe one hitting the other) or even the wheel rubing on to the seat tube.

If I considered installing a 65 mm stroke shock I'd check cleareance before making the final decision (your LBS could probably help you with that). Also consider that by increasing the shock stroke you could affect the kinematics of the suspension.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 6:45 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
CDT77 wrote:
dooge wrote:

All 2022 onwards Foxy carbon models use 205x65 shocks which deliver 150 mm of travel so you can't get more travel via increasing the shock stroke as 65 mm is the maximum stroke available for 205 shocks

For the 2018 to 2021 Foxy carbon and 2018 to current Foxy alloy use 205x62.5 shocks and deliver 150 mm of travel so you could theoretically use a 65 mm shock increasing the travel of the bike a bit (something around 156 mm doing quick math). You'll never be able to get to the 160 mm + rear travel.

Also depending on the frame size you could encounter cleareance issues between the front and rear triangle when fully compressed (maybe one hitting the other) or even the wheel rubing on to the seat tube.

If I considered installing a 65 mm stroke shock I'd check cleareance before making the final decision (your LBS could probably help you with that). Also consider that by increasing the shock stroke you could affect the kinematics of the suspension.

I have a 2021 Foxy alloy, size large, and I have a DHX2 that has a 205 eye-to-eye, and 60-65mm stroke.
I had the shock set to 62.5mm stroke but this year I removed the spacer and converted it to 65mm stroke.
I've been riding like this for the past year with no issues. There's still around 1 inch of clearance between the rear wheel and the seat tube when the shock is fully compressed.
I'm not sure how much more travel I got by doing this, but like mentioned above, I think it is probably around 156mm.

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 20:14 Quote
I bought a 2022 Foxy RR earlier this summer. I have had issues with the headset since the first day I received the bike. The headset is properly adjusted but makes a clicking noise when loading and unloading the fork. I tried re-greasing the headset and it did nothing. It almost sounds like the lower headset cup is moving in the frame. I bought the bike from a shop in California and I live in Wisconsin. My closest dealer is 4 hours away in Chicago. Does anyone have a similar issue and have a fix? thanks!

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 11:35 Quote
Can a fox x2 fit on Mondraker foxy rr sl, year model 2020? Wanting to try the X2 for more tunability

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 14:31 Quote
ClaydeNine wrote:
Can a fox x2 fit on Mondraker foxy rr sl, year model 2020? Wanting to try the X2 for more tunability

Yes. According to Mondrakers website.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012326
Mobile Version of Website