Powered by Outside

Trends Gone Too Far?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Trends Gone Too Far?
O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 7:32 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
this threads gone too far, it should be shut down.
+1

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
i said that before i saw you had a big bike, my bad
30 pounds isn't that heavy, its just bulky at times. If you can't rip on a 30 pound balanced bike just as good as you can on a 23 pound balanced bike, you need to grow a set, ASAP.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
this threads gone too far, it should be shut down.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 5:14 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:
i said that before i saw you had a big bike, my bad
30 pounds isn't that heavy, its just bulky at times. If you can't rip on a 30 pound balanced bike just as good as you can on a 23 pound balanced bike, you need to grow a set, ASAP.
hes got a 26" dj so its supposed to be heavier and ya if you can rip as hard on a heavy bike as others can on a light one you are much better but why have a heavy bike when you can have a lighter one

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
Because most light parts are expensive and weak. I am sure there are some heavy weak parts out there, but much less than light weak parts.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
Because most light parts are expensive and weak. I am sure there are some heavy weak parts out there, but much less than light weak parts.
yes the light parts are often weaker than the heavy ones but not too weak, just one of the kids who trys to be an anti-trender and not do what others are doing but you can be better a light bike than a heavier one its just the facts

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
So what is a "better" bike to you?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
So what is a "better" bike to you?
usually a lighter one although i dont know if i would trust the new khe frames and completes. And now days they can make stuff lighter while maintaining strenth

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
If you think a light bike is a good bike, get a race bike. Most of the kids that call sub 28-30 pound bikes heavy usually started off on a light bike, or just started biking recently. My first 12" bike weighed as much as some of these new BMX bikes that people are building up. And not to mention, my 12" bike gave me no problems at all. Its not that I am going to run the heaviest wheels, bars, ect. but its just that most of this light shit isn't proven, or its proven that it sucks, but kids still ride it because they save a few grams. I will admit, that I just bought an Aitken k lytle tire, but that was just to balance out my bike. A light bike will by no means make you better, it will just make shit easier. And the harder it is to learn it, the more proud you are in the end when you can finally pull it off. Thats one of the reason why many people have lost pride in riding, because everything is just so easy now.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
If you think a light bike is a good bike, get a race bike. Most of the kids that call sub 28-30 pound bikes heavy usually started off on a light bike, or just started biking recently. My first 12" bike weighed as much as some of these new BMX bikes that people are building up. And not to mention, my 12" bike gave me no problems at all. Its not that I am going to run the heaviest wheels, bars, ect. but its just that most of this light shit isn't proven, or its proven that it sucks, but kids still ride it because they save a few grams. I will admit, that I just bought an Aitken k lytle tire, but that was just to balance out my bike. A light bike will by no means make you better, it will just make shit easier. And the harder it is to learn it, the more proud you are in the end when you can finally pull it off. Thats one of the reason why many people have lost pride in riding, because everything is just so easy now.
no and thats why bmx is taken to much higher heights, than like 10 years ago and even last year for that matter and you dont see any top pros running anything above 25lbs

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
When did this awesome thread stagnate??

Its so depressing now

Cry

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
no and thats why bmx is taken to much higher heights, than like 10 years ago and even last year for that matter and you dont see any top pros running anything above 25lbs
I do.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
yea ya do. check out jamie bestwick. he says he likes his bike around 27 pounds. and there are plenty of pros with bikes above 25

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
I do.
well i wonder why your not a top pro

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
You people that are so hung up on weight really need to just think about having fun riding. And so what your saying is if I get my bike under 25lbs, I will all of a sudden be really good? Wow, I might just go cut my toptube out right now. Who need them anyway? (and Ryan Nyquist's bike is WELL over 25 pounds)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011714
Mobile Version of Website