2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 3:20 Quote
Race was pretty boring apart from Webber's attack on Kovalainen.

UPDATE:
[Quoten]Nine drivers were summoned to the FIA officials in Valencia, accused of driving too quickly under safety car conditions.
Less than three hours after the chequered flag, all of them were found guilty and handed 5 second time penalties.[/Quoten]http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-139089.html

In commentary they were saying 20-30 sec penalty. 5 sec seems a bit leniant for something which could in theory be very dangerous. Given that Hamilton for a drive though for overtaking the safety car; penalties handed out by the FIA hardly seem to fit the crimes any more.

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
I hate the FIA sometimes. Race was pretty boring although I am pretty happy with the results. I could talk about that race for hours just due to all the controversy not because of the actual racing.

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 at 19:04 Quote
Poor timing and bad luck sure undid a lot of people's races. Felt bad for MS.

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Felt bad for MS.
Expand? You mean Schumacher right? I thought he was pretty poor all weekend...

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 11:45 Quote
People don't realize how old MS is and how long he has been away from the ever advancing cars. It's tough

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
now that summer is finally here, I'll have more time to watch races. schummy isn't doing horrible. 9th overall is respectable. and how are these cosworth powered teams doing? all drivers have 0 points...some of those names you expect to see up higher in standings, Glock, Trulli, and Kovalainen were in the middle of the pack last year...

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 14:05 Quote
To be fair though, Kovalainen must have known that Lotus were seconds off the pace...I doubt he would have got a drive anywhere else though. Never rated Trulli either.

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 20:19 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
Felt bad for MS.
Expand? You mean Schumacher right? I thought he was pretty poor all weekend...

He was top 5 I think when the safety car came out. By the first corner alone he went from 15 to 11. He got screwed, just like several drivers after Hamilton (don't think Hamilton did anything wrong). Just bad timing and the gamble done by others worked. Then to top it all off the red light at the ned of the pits was the final nail in the coffin.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 9:05 Quote
that mercedes w01 is awful! Poor MS and Rosberg. Looking forward to what that team can do next season though.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 10:35 Quote
Sadly it does. Brawn said very early last year that unless a major backer came in they would be behind for this year.....and well, he was right.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 5:24 Quote
Predictions for British GP? I know its early, but anyone willing to take a punt?

I could be patriotic and say Hamilton has a good chance, or I could be realistic and say Vettel will win.

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 21:19 Quote
good win for Webber, terrible shame about Vettel!

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 2:40 Quote
Ja. As much as I like Vettel, I want the season to be close!
JB did well to make 4th also!

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 at 8:44 Quote
jenson is so sneaky smooth. He always manages to get close to the podium.

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 at 14:08 Quote
ridiculous wrote:
jenson is so sneaky smooth. He always manages to get close to the podium.

problem is for Jenson is he's so smooth it seems he doesn't get the heat in the tyres at qualifying but is fine during the race

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012399
Mobile Version of Website