PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
All you Orange riders get in here!
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 8:48 Quote
2017 P7 and 2017 Four.
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 3:33 Quote
Pimp...would love some carbon rims!

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 5:55 Quote
Cheers. Certainly helps with acceleration.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 7:11 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Big Grin too happy with the new Alpine
I've to dial in the 36 some more, but the rear suspensions feels even better then my Alpine 160 with CCDB

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
Scrolling through, everyone already on my group on facebook.
if you're not search 'Orange Riders'

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 at 6:28 Quote
AshBladez wrote:
Scrolling through, everyone already on my group on facebook.
if you're not search 'Orange Riders'

Are you the starter of that group Ash? Congratulations, its hands down the best MTB group I'm in on facebook.
Still got your patriot?

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
Are you the starter of that group Ash? Congratulations, its hands down the best MTB group I'm in on facebook.
Still got your patriot?[/Quote]

^^ X2... Great community of like minded folk Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
Hi, i am hesitating about buying a new bike. I came across the 2017 Orange Clockwork 100 (frame only). My budget is maximum 2000. I am thinking about buying the frame and build it up myself (Reba RL, XT 2x11, Mavic Crossride, Race face). But I can't find a lot of reviews of the Clockwork, also I don't see a lot of pictures about people having them. Why?

Does anyone have a clockwork 100, and are you liking it? I am mainly using it in the Netherlands, that means: flat and not so technical. That's why I am looking for the 100 and not the 120 (I want 29 inch). I will build it up as a XC bike with 100 mm (is 120 possible?) of travel, when I am in austria I maybe install a dropper.

Soooo, are there any good reviews of the Clockwork 100?
I have also read sometime about poor paint quality, is this true or not?
I would prefer a 120 mm fork, is this possible or not? (site says 100 but maybe someone has a clockwork with 110/120 mm of travel).

do you think it's a smart buy for me, or should I just buy a normal XC bike (a Orange is more exotic is gues)?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
I have skimmed through your comment, I would say you'd get better value for money buying a complete for sure

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 11:34 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
I have skimmed through your comment, I would say you'd get better value for money buying a complete for sure

thanks (sorry for the bad english). I also think that I have better components if I buy a complete bike. I have already looked at something like a Scott scale 940. But something more special like a Orange is also really atractive...

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
ah right i thought they did high spec completes but they dont, might be worth emailing them and asking Smile

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 at 3:42 Quote
Niekname wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:

thanks (sorry for the bad english). I also think that I have better components if I buy a complete bike. I have already looked at something like a Scott scale 940. But something more special like a Orange is also really atractive...
My XC bike is a 2013 Scale 950, and I rate it. Only issue was the crappy wheels, I mange to tace both of them with in a year. It's a light bike and fun to ride.
Might also be worth looking at canyons? Orange are quite expensive compared to them...

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
My 2014 orange alpine! with 27.5" wheels fitted..

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
That's really interesting. I have the 2014 Alpine too - superb bike. What changes did you make to fit 27.5 in there and how does it ride? What sort of size rear tyre can you fit in? I know the swing arm is only 6mm longer on the 2015 Alpine.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 12:59 Quote
trailghost wrote:
That's really interesting. I have the 2014 Alpine too - superb bike. What changes did you make to fit 27.5 in there and how does it ride? What sort of size rear tyre can you fit in? I know the swing arm is only 6mm longer on the 2015 Alpine.

Hey dude! I agree 2014 Alpine is just great.. I point down and the bike does everything.. I'm running 2.40 tyres front and rear and set it up on position 2 according to:
https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/archive/2014/alpine-160_rs/

With the original rear shock (Fox RP23) it gave me a 5mm clearance between tyre and frame when the shock was empty and fully compressed.. So, from my point of view that's good enough to run the 27.5" tyres!
I must admit I don't ride like a pro, but the bike suits my riding style (steep, exposed, scary, loose rocky terrain) the bike performs superb going down and also going up..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016593
Mobile Version of Website