Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
peter413 wrote:
BenAMTB wrote:
What do you all reckon is wrong ?
Views: 225    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

There are lots of things that can cause clicking and creaking. I'd start with the known problems on Mega's, shock and frame bushings. Then it's on to going over the whole bike piece by piece, it could even be the headset or forks causing that. Obviously some parts are easier to check than others and unfortunately the shock is one of the harder ones. Ideally you'd have a spare shock or a friend would but I know that isn't so likely.

Alternatively you could see if your LBS can help you but that will more than likely cost.

I have ruled out the frame as its literally a month old, going to take the shock out of the frame this weekend and see if I can replicate the noise. shock is over 12 months old and taken from the last Mega I had, sent the video to the LBS and Ill see what they come back with.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 3:44 Quote
BenAMTB wrote:
peter413 wrote:
BenAMTB wrote:
What do you all reckon is wrong ?
Views: 225    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

There are lots of things that can cause clicking and creaking. I'd start with the known problems on Mega's, shock and frame bushings. Then it's on to going over the whole bike piece by piece, it could even be the headset or forks causing that. Obviously some parts are easier to check than others and unfortunately the shock is one of the harder ones. Ideally you'd have a spare shock or a friend would but I know that isn't so likely.

Alternatively you could see if your LBS can help you but that will more than likely cost.

I have ruled out the frame as its literally a month old, going to take the shock out of the frame this weekend and see if I can replicate the noise. shock is over 12 months old and taken from the last Mega I had, sent the video to the LBS and Ill see what they come back with.

Don't rule out anything, I've seen frames creak from new. It only takes a few seconds for a bolt to come loose or one big hit to stress the frame.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 20:05 Quote
Hello, I am looking into possibly getting a 2013 Mega TR frame as my current bike just doesnt have agressive enough geometry for the riding I do. The geometry stats say that it has a 67degree HA, does anybody know what mm travel fork that is with? As in, is that the measurement with a 140, 150, or 160mm fork? Thanks Smile

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 21:06 Quote
With a 140mm. I have a 160mm Lyrik on mine and ot feels great with a 66 ha. You might want to upgrade the shock though cause the Monarch sucks.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 22:37 Quote
after fiddeling a bit with the monarch i kinda like it. on my last bike i used a rp23, but i think the monarch does just as good a job..

ps. im running a 130mm fork, with an external bottom cup, works super

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 23:36 Quote
my M+ is way way much better than the RP2 i had, can't even compare them

but i guess everything else sucks except the latest and greatest Razz

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 0:34 Quote
peter413 wrote:
BenAMTB wrote:
peter413 wrote:

Don't rule out anything, I've seen frames creak from new. It only takes a few seconds for a bolt to come loose or one big hit to stress the frame.

So LBS sent this off to SRAMtech & Silverfish and got a reply back in mins literally saying "nothing that can be done to rectify at a shop, please return." so off the shock goes

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 1:24 Quote
Get rid of the monarch first step. My tr creaked like hell, I replaced all bushings, bearings, shock mount hardware then finally shock to stop it creaking. The ccdb air has changed the bike so much and has released the full potential of the bike. It matches up with the pike really well. The bike is really fun now

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 1:52 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:
Hello, I am looking into possibly getting a 2013 Mega TR frame as my current bike just doesnt have agressive enough geometry for the riding I do. The geometry stats say that it has a 67degree HA, does anybody know what mm travel fork that is with? As in, is that the measurement with a 140, 150, or 160mm fork? Thanks Smile

150mm.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 2:01 Quote
bolololo wrote:
johnpierro13 wrote:

150mm.

I thought 140mm cause my ha is 1degree slacker than the geo sheet says. 10mm=0.5degree right?

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 2:39 Quote
It could be any travel of fork. One 140mm fork could have a higher axle to crown than a 160mm fork and that's what matters.

I can tell you it works great with both a 140mm Revelation with internal cup and a 160mm Pile with an external cup so both extremes the frame is designed for. I love the high front with the Pike for going down yet it still climbs great. My mates Hemlock climbs like shit in comparison with the same setup yet the Mega just feels very balanced.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 5:13 Quote
Perfect, thankyou Smile and yeah, the last monarch I owned was not the greatest so I'm thinking I'll either get a DBinline or maybe coil...will the frame fit a DBair? So with a 160mm fork the HA would be around 66degrees? Thanks

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 5:42 Quote
Wale wrote:
bolololo wrote:
johnpierro13 wrote:

150mm.

I thought 140mm cause my ha is 1degree slacker than the geo sheet says. 10mm=0.5degree right?

They sell Tr full build with 150mm Revelation saying it's 67° ha.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 5:51 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:
Perfect, thankyou Smile and yeah, the last monarch I owned was not the greatest so I'm thinking I'll either get a DBinline or maybe coil...will the frame fit a DBair? So with a 160mm fork the HA would be around 66degrees? Thanks
yes the DBAIR will fit

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 6:59 Quote
Anybody know if the NP Pulse downtube protector will fit on a mega am?Whats the dimensions of the Pulse downtube,looks better than the Rockguardz option and a third of the price

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018767
Mobile Version of Website