The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
My friend is 1,97 he has a bsd safari perfect 10's and a 25mm rise stem and he fits nicely

I can't ride that bike at all

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
Rabia wrote:
I've always wanted to ride bmx, but I think I'm too tall Frown

im about 6ft2/3 and i still find my bike fits. Got a wtp with a 21" top tube, 52mm stem and some 10" Cult AK bars and it fits a dream. If you want a big frame I suggest a BSD Safari which comes in a 21.8". But no bmx bike will "fit" in the traditional sense but as long as you can move about on it and throw it around you are fine. Or try a BSD Passenger.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 16:48 Quote
Or you could also go the 22" Or 24" route, just another option.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
As someone with a 24" street bike, I'd recommend against that. I get that the 22-24" wheel range is perfect for a lot of types offreestyle riding, but the larger wheels aren't quite as rigid and tense feeling, and on top of that,you're looking at very few tire options these days.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 17:09 Quote
Sorry, not trying to counter point you, I'm just saying. The only good 24" options I can ever find are KHEs, and they're both fragile and expensive. You could get some s&m trackmarks, but same issue (talking about 24 right now)

The tire/rim options for 22s are even smaller, as you're looking at a niche within a niche.

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 19:21 Quote
power block are still available in 24". Only up to 2.1 i think tho? At least that's what i can get.
I'm not tall or very heavy tho, so 36h rims are plenty stiff for me. I ride 28h on my 26 Razz

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 20:30 Quote
Still riding old ramps.

Views: 1,938    Faves: 15    Comments: 3

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 23:45 Quote
How long have you had those now? Lol

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Still riding old ramps.
Damnn W&R still slaying the game, I'm always looking forward to your videos :tup

Side note, no way this was filmed recently eh? Shit, I'm 2 hours way and I got about 3ft in my yard Jail
I'm heading into Ed this morning and was planning on bringing the bimmex but I didnt realize Ride n' Play was closed Frown

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:

About 8 years for the older ones. They've been re-sheeted a couple times over the years.

Their days are numbered though. I don't live out there anymore and the ramps are in pretty rough shape. All good things will eventually come to an end. Haha.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 10:36 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
justin99 wrote:
Still riding old ramps.
Damnn W&R still slaying the game, I'm always looking forward to your videos :tup

Side note, no way this was filmed recently eh? Shit, I'm 2 hours way and I got about 3ft in my yard Jail
I'm heading into Ed this morning and was planning on bringing the bimmex but I didnt realize Ride n' Play was closed Frown

Thanks Josh!

It was all filmed in Summer and Fall 2017. This is just a little sample though. I'm saving the best stuff for our DVD.

Oh sweet. You made the move out West. How are you liking it? We'll have to link up sometime when you're down in Edmonton this year.

Yeah, Ride N' Play closed last year. There's a new park opening soon though. Big Grin

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
I will be more than happy to cop a dvd mane

Also i got 2 eclat bondi xl rims laced the front one to a female salt plus female hub rear to my old federal v3 next week ordering new cranks bike looks beast as f*ck now

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
justin99 wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:

About 8 years for the older ones. They've been re-sheeted a couple times over the years.

Their days are numbered though. I don't live out there anymore and the ramps are in pretty rough shape. All good things will eventually come to an end. Haha.

Was a solid run though!

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
justin99 wrote:
newfie-rides wrote:
justin99 wrote:
Still riding old ramps.

Thanks Josh!

It was all filmed in Summer and Fall 2017. This is just a little sample though. I'm saving the best stuff for our DVD.

Oh sweet. You made the move out West. How are you liking it? We'll have to link up sometime when you're down in Edmonton this year.

Yeah, Ride N' Play closed last year. There's a new park opening soon though. Big Grin
I can't wait to peep a copy!! Any details on the release? Wink

Yeah buddy! I've been living in Slave Lake since the fall, I sure miss the salt water air but the street spots up here definitely make up for it!

I'll be out again with my bike when the weather starts getting better, I'd love to meet up and see you again bro!
And eh sorry I didn't catch you at Fise last Sept, I would have loved to make it to that ride a long, but I only had the one day in with my girl and I didn't want to leave her stranded at the hotel like a dick lol

Cheers for the heads up on that park too! Beer

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 19:23 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
I can't wait to peep a copy!! Any details on the release? Wink

Yeah buddy! I've been living in Slave Lake since the fall, I sure miss the salt water air but the street spots up here definitely make up for it!

I'll be out again with my bike when the weather starts getting better, I'd love to meet up and see you again bro!
And eh sorry I didn't catch you at Fise last Sept, I would have loved to make it to that ride a long, but I only had the one day in with my girl and I didn't want to leave her stranded at the hotel like a dick lol

Cheers for the heads up on that park too! Beer

We've been filming for the DVD since spring 2016. We have some great stuff so far, but only a couple people have enough footage for a full section. I've been super picky with what I'm saving for the DVD versus putting out in edits. Hopefully by the end of this year we'll have enough footage for everybody. I plan to edit the video next winter. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid to make a full length so I can't wait until we have a finished product.

Yeah man. There's a lot of awesome spots out here. Edmonton is great and Calgary is honestly a world class city for street. Definitely an overlooked destination for sure.

All good Josh. We'll make it happen this year. tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036984
Mobile Version of Website