Powered by Outside

Why take your front brake off?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why take your front brake off?
Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
Leftwing29 wrote:
im a noob, yes, but how do you get the brake cables out of the way for barspinns and t-whips? ive never really got it. wouldnt even the back brake cable get in the way? im cluelessFrown
the rear cable gives more slack out the front of the bike, and a front brake only allows you to do a 180 degree rotation
and the question should be why not take you front brake off

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
are you e-stalking me?

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
are you e-stalking me?

ignore him, he's spamming about 5 different threads atm.

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:42 Quote
Why the f*ck wouldn't you take your front brake off?

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
SmellyKona3 wrote:
igz- wrote:
Why the f*ck wouldn't you take your front brake off?
yah dis guy r pr0
and d1s gai feyld englesh

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 at 0:22 Quote
SmellyKona3 wrote:
SmellyKona3 wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Nintendo_fan123/noob.jpg Frunt breakes stink

i agr33
Seriously?

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 at 6:04 Quote
hahaha... that pic is pretty much exactly what I envision when someone says noob or pwned while playing online games....lol

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 6:25 Quote
My reason why i took it off is because the wires was in the way all the time and i changed fork and didn't had something to clip it on i used tirap(???) but my brake started to stick..(face plant with that) and the brake wasn't use full cause it wasn't braking well and give me more time to ride without adjusting brake

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
im not sure i need a couple of opinions! i wanted to try something kinda new, i ride dirt and park,im currently brakeless but i was thinking of puting on a front brake or a gyro system here a 3 setups:
front:animal illegal cable with odessy mono lever (short and on right side) and evo 2 brakes
back: evo 2 with odessy linerer cable and a mono lever or odessy cabels with a snafu gyro
i was kinda thinking front because 1-less cable =less weight plus i have a hollow stem bolt so it wont interfear with my bar spins and 2-no straight cable tangling up 3-its cheaper and easyer to install
p.s i tryed out front brakes vs foot jam and the brakes helped me with foot jam whips/brake

please give mee lots of opinions

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 1:36 Quote
furrycorpse wrote:
im not sure i need a couple of opinions! i wanted to try something kinda new, i ride dirt and park,im currently brakeless but i was thinking of puting on a front brake or a gyro system here a 3 setups:
front:animal illegal cable with odessy mono lever (short and on right side) and evo 2 brakes
back: evo 2 with odessy linerer cable and a mono lever or odessy cabels with a snafu gyro
i was kinda thinking front because 1-less cable =less weight plus i have a hollow stem bolt so it wont interfear with my bar spins and 2-no straight cable tangling up 3-its cheaper and easyer to install
p.s i tryed out front brakes vs foot jam and the brakes helped me with foot jam whips/brake

please give mee lots of opinions

Problem with a front brake is that if you try to use it to stop while cornering, you will end up on your face.

Just use a back brake with a long cable, you can still get a couple of barspins out of it.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 1:40 Quote
If you have absolutely no bike control that might be true, but i'd like to think anyone who can do barspins knows how to feather a brake...

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 3:19 Quote
i took mine off because of peer pressure Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 13:32 Quote
crs-one wrote:
If you have absolutely no bike control that might be true, but i'd like to think anyone who can do barspins knows how to feather a brake...
ya i think i might be just a little bit smart not to slam on the brake im no really using it to stop im gunna run front brakes to open a whole load of new tricks

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 19:56 Quote
Adding a longer rear brake cable...should I remove the front brake or leave it on and route the cable thru stem cap?

Transition Double

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016260
Mobile Version of Website