Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
I'm ready to buy a Spindrift but still debating size. I'm 185cm so trying to decide large or xl. Anyone around that height have a L or XL? What do you think of either?

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:
I'm ready to buy a Spindrift but still debating size. I'm 185cm so trying to decide large or xl. Anyone around that height have a L or XL? What do you think of either?

I'm 187cm and got a xl mullit. Feels perfect for me no complaints even though I'm at the very bottom end of the size chart for the xl.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:

Im 189cm ive ordered an XL 29er. Seat angle is steep and reach isnt crazy long. Il be able to tell you in about 6 months how it is

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Hello all,

i have pulled the triger on the Spindrift Al Mix size XL (current being 6.4" ) frame .
Now i just have to wait until the beginning of April.
I already own a YT Capra AL 2019. Can anyone compare the spindrift to the Capra?

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:
Hello I have a Spindrift 29 L size and I am 185cm Tall and that fit perfect for me. I would not want a XL size for my type of ride and track.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a L frame only from the USA. They say it's in stock and will ship right away!

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a L frame only from the USA. They say it's in stock and will ship right away!

That means next june potentially . I ordered was told decmber , its now March

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 3:04 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Anyone fitted a rear mudgaurd yet?
Looking for options . Got 5 months to be buying odd bits for the bike

I've just fitted a medium rear Mudhugger to my XL 29er, it appears to be a good fit.

It only contacts the frame at the seat stays, I would recommend double sided foam tape to fix it there.
It is completely rock solid.
I couldn't seem to get stuck on it dropping back over the saddle despite giving it a few goes.

I can see the chain chewing away at the cable ties on the chain slap protection but I can live with that and will add a few more.
It rests on that on the drive side and on the brake hose mount on the other side, this maintains a gap everywhere else.

On the frame size, I'm exactly the same height as you on the same bike and the fit is perfect. I need the 185mm dropper extended about 4cm. The reach is perfect, slightly on the shorter side if anything.

Mudhugger Medium on XL 29er Spindrift

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
FionnS wrote:
Bmg1 wrote:
Anyone fitted a rear mudgaurd yet?
Looking for options . Got 5 months to be buying odd bits for the bike

I've just fitted a medium rear Mudhugger to my XL 29er, it appears to be a good fit.

It only contacts the frame at the seat stays, I would recommend double sided foam tape to fix it there.
It is completely rock solid.
I couldn't seem to get stuck on it dropping back over the saddle despite giving it a few goes.

I can see the chain chewing away at the cable ties on the chain slap protection but I can live with that and will add a few more.
It rests on that on the drive side and on the brake hose mount on the other side, this maintains a gap everywhere else.

On the frame size, I'm exactly the same height as you on the same bike and the fit is perfect. I need the 185mm dropper extended about 4cm. The reach is perfect, slightly on the shorter side if anything.

Looks pretty cool actually. I seem somebody fit the front mudhugger as a rear as well.
Ive got a mudhugger on my winter bike.
Thats good about the sizing and reach. Ive got the 185cm dropper coming as well . Cant wait to get the bike

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 1:07 Quote
I'm glad to report I had an instant response from Propain service this week on a technical query and parts order.
This was a major improvement from my experiences earlier this year so I just wanted to acknowledge the improvement as I had previously complained about their response times in this thread.

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
So, should I sell my DH bike and Tyee and get a Spindrift as only bike? I'm currently doing less pure BP then Enduro/Shuttle stuff.

How good is a Spindrift when used for DH? So not park but the DH tracks, the likes like Brandnertal or Val di Sole?

I dont really worry about climbing, I did long tours on the Tyee and I dont use the climbswitch. So probably a SD will be fine too, if needed with climb switch.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
I have currently spindrift al and am hardtail. For only bike I'd take cf Tyee with two sets of wheels (light (carbon) set with trail tires and another bomb proof set to the park). Ideal full suspension combo for me would be Transition spur (or Propain Hugene if it has to be Propain) for the trails and Spindrift or pure dh bike for the bikepark stuff.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
JAK79 wrote:
I have currently spindrift al and am hardtail. For only bike I'd take cf Tyee with two sets of wheels (light (carbon) set with trail tires and another bomb proof set to the park). Ideal full suspension combo for me would be Transition spur (or Propain Hugene if it has to be Propain) for the trails and Spindrift or pure dh bike for the bikepark stuff.

Having the Tyee as a single bike is not an option for me. It is significant less capable then a DH bike. Comparing on the same familiar track there is a big difference. On certain sections it is like you have to do 120% effort compared to the DH bike, but only can get up to 90% of speed of the DH bike on the Tyee. Which is normal if you compare a 160mm enduro vs a 200mm DH bike.
For (blind) Enduro the Tyee is very good. Only on some rougher trails after riding them more then once, I sometimes wish for my DH bike (or I actually switch bikes). Also depends on your definitions of trails but there are enough enduro black trails which are rougher then for example the Leogang WC track. I would for example never consider to own something like a Hugene, because on most trails I like to ride I would like to have an enduro bike as minimum.

My DH bike is due for replacement, but there aren't many good options available at the moment or not with the right build kit. But the SD is available, so therefore I consider to upgrade the Tyee to a SD and sell my DH bike as well. I'm only looking at the AL models btw.

I'm not to worried about dragging along extra weight or that it will be sluggish. Actually the contrary: the Tyee is rather poppy/responsive and I read that also in the reviews from the SD to. Like in the PB review. So I'm afraid it rides relatively more like an enduro bike than a plowing DH bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
JAK79 wrote:

Having the Tyee as a single bike is not an option for me. It is significant less capable then a DH bike. Comparing on the same familiar track there is a big difference. On certain sections it is like you have to do 120% effort compared to the DH bike, but only can get up to 90% of speed of the DH bike on the Tyee. Which is normal if you compare a 160mm enduro vs a 200mm DH bike.
For (blind) Enduro the Tyee is very good. Only on some rougher trails after riding them more then once, I sometimes wish for my DH bike (or I actually switch bikes). Also depends on your definitions of trails but there are enough enduro black trails which are rougher then for example the Leogang WC track. I would for example never consider to own something like a Hugene, because on most trails I like to ride I would like to have an enduro bike as minimum.

My DH bike is due for replacement, but there aren't many good options available at the moment or not with the right build kit. But the SD is available, so therefore I consider to upgrade the Tyee to a SD and sell my DH bike as well. I'm only looking at the AL models btw.

I'm not to worried about dragging along extra weight or that it will be sluggish. Actually the contrary: the Tyee is rather poppy/responsive and I read that also in the reviews from the SD to. Like in the PB review. So I'm afraid it rides relatively more like an enduro bike than a plowing DH bike.

My Al SD 29 is days away from delivery to me. My plans are to use it for enduros and DH, I have 190mm zebs coming with it but I intend to buy dual crowns and switch between depending on what I'm using it for.

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
Grumposaur: ok then, if you want to have just one bike and also pedal with it, SP (cf) could be good way to go with.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.068804
Mobile Version of Website