Powered by Outside

Trends Gone Too Far?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Trends Gone Too Far?
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
You people that are so hung up on weight really need to just think about having fun riding. And so what your saying is if I get my bike under 25lbs, I will all of a sudden be really good? Wow, I might just go cut my toptube out right now. Who need them anyway? (and Ryan Nyquist's bike is WELL over 25 pounds)
vert riders are different, im talking street and im not saying make your bike weak, you are obviously ignorant about the topic because ive never heard of anyone cutting their toptube. besides as long as it maintaines enough strenth to keep if from brakeing under intense riding conditions its fine with me. And the companies have to put their product through rigorous testing before they even think about selling it has to be able to withstand like 250 person off like 5ft drop and crazy tests they dont just drop weight and sell or else they wouldnt be a top company such as odyssey and shadow

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
You people that are so hung up on weight really need to just think about having fun riding. And so what your saying is if I get my bike under 25lbs, I will all of a sudden be really good? Wow, I might just go cut my toptube out right now. Who need them anyway? (and Ryan Nyquist's bike is WELL over 25 pounds)

i agree with you on everything. having a light bike wont make you better. id rather have a heavier bike anyway and know im not going to snap something. my first bike was over 35lbs and i ripper on it. also people are good now because they stay on the foam pit and resi ramps.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
ressler711 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:

i agree with you on everything. having a light bike wont make you better. id rather have a heavier bike anyway and know im not going to snap something. my first bike was over 35lbs and i ripper on it. also people are good now because they stay on the foam pit and resi ramps.
okay so its just like in any other sport your not gonna deny the better engine is a racecar just becuase its ligher, that is what makes the top pros the way they are im not saying you cant ride a heavier bike well just if you ride a 30lb bike and hop on a 23lb bike youll be able to throw the bike around a hell of alot easier

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
this thread is going bad.
its all big bars good/big bars bad. and all about the weight.
i personally can't wait for a mod to come and shut this thread down

*unsubscribes*

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
some1 broke this good thread. lol.

please lock it. we have weight discussion threads.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
vert riders are different, im talking street and im not saying make your bike weak, you are obviously ignorant about the topic because ive never heard of anyone cutting their toptube. besides as long as it maintaines enough strenth to keep if from brakeing under intense riding conditions its fine with me. And the companies have to put their product through rigorous testing before they even think about selling it has to be able to withstand like 250 person off like 5ft drop and crazy tests they dont just drop weight and sell or else they wouldnt be a top company such as odyssey and shadow
Nyquist doesnt only do vert. And vert doesnt even take as much of a beating as street, and he still breaks parts. And he is most deffinitly doing something right if he has been in the buisness for this long. These people like garrete renyolds and chase hawk will be nobody in 10 years. Its the pioneers like nyquist and hoffman and mirra that didnt ride the light bikes but can still throw down, that will be remeberd. And the reason all these tiny emo kids are riding now is because the bikes are now light enough for them to ride. And a 250lb kid off a 5 foot drop aint shit. I saw an almost 300lb kid doing turndown airs to flat off a spine. And he was riding an old WTP with powerbites and bobs. And he was about 22.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028242
Mobile Version of Website