Powered by Outside

The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
shoefanu wrote:
FFit FAFs were always my favourite tire. They rolled so fast.

i wonder what faf stands for... Razz
Fast as f*ck boyyyyy.

Here I completely forgot I had a pair of animal tyres at one point, had a pair of TWW’s way back when and they were decent enough. FAF’s were good too, I usually went for an aitken front/demo momentum rear. Always liked having a beefier front tyre and something a little more slick on the back.

thats right Razz

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 15:18 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
I had a set of Aitkens on a bike for like 6 years at one point. Rode the thing every day.
Aitkens are the bollocks, shame Odyssey never made them in 26” or they would’ve been dominating the dj tyre market. Pretty sure they came in 24, might still do but I’m no sure.

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 17:59 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Asm front and back

Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
Animal tires will always be top tier, their production has surely stood the test of time.

Im currently running an OG path in the rear and a Joe dirt in the front. Issa cool combo

Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 16:42 Quote
slbmx wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Asm front and back

I'd like to see the proof here, I must be doing something all wrong because I haven't seen anyone carry ASM's any more. I'd buy some right now if I could find them.

Here's a cringy old video I made

Views: 611    Faves: 34    Comments: 8

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 1:12 Quote
thanks for the recomendations, cheers. antoher question would be, are there frame brands that dont weld in china? i hear s&m welds in the usa. are there similar brands?

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
Fit

What is the problem with taiwan made frames?

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Fit

What is the problem with taiwan made frames?
i dont have a problem, just askin and wonderin

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Most often they are made in Taiwan, not China, the factories there are some of the best to get your frame made in, I have found them to have better QC than some American brands (I've seen some unacceptable shit).

S&M, Lairdframe, Standard are all made in the USA as well as certain runs of other manufacturers frames, I know some Fits are made by S&M and I believe some United frames were as well, I think even FBM did some small runs for other companies off memory.

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 3:05 Quote
WTP has ONE frame that's currently being made in america by SM

Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
Started working at a steel fabrication company last year and I don’t see the obsession with American made frames etc, a Taiwanese frame will be welded to a very high standard, they’re no just a bunch of child labourers cranking out Stevie Wonder welds left and right they’ll be just as high a standard as anything made anywhere else, the standards are getting so high now they can’t just pump out shit frames with zero craftsmanship about them. Just like we can’t pump out shit shoddy welds on our steel we erect on building sites. You’re paying for the privilege(or to support cool companies too) if you choose to buy an American made frame to say they’re built stronger

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 22:46 Quote
so after 3 weeks of relearning the bunnyhop, i can say its a decent height for me. What tricks can you recommend to learn next?

I dont have many bmx friends ( mostly mtb) hahaha so idk who i can ask... here in zurich all the bmx dudes ride street and not park and idk if i am yet skilled enough for street.
but i can say i like the whole bmx thing... i am hookedSmile Smile Smile

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
Honestly, keep with bunnyhops, go faster, learn how to bail and control your bike as if it's attached to your feet, then the tricks will come gradually. I suggest if you really wanna learn something practice manuals, will really help you find your balance points.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
so after 3 weeks of relearning the bunnyhop, i can say its a decent height for me. What tricks can you recommend to learn next?

I dont have many bmx friends ( mostly mtb) hahaha so idk who i can ask... here in zurich all the bmx dudes ride street and not park and idk if i am yet skilled enough for street.
but i can say i like the whole bmx thing... i am hookedSmile Smile Smile

I would go to hop 180s, manuals and fastplants. all are fairly inconsequential at low speeds. and definitely keep up with the bunny hops.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029170
Mobile Version of Website