Powered by Outside

nh riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
nh riders
Posted: May 26, 2011 at 19:06 Quote
anyone from around Durham/unh area know about some jumps or dh there used to be some sick stuff by the train tracks but someone bulldozed the whole thing

Posted: May 28, 2011 at 7:10 Quote
I'm from NH I live in Claremont there is alot of good riding by me we have the pinnacle in newport cornish town forest right down the street from my house and the stab trails right over the the border in VT the ridding is sick. Just sent me a message if any of you are in my neck of the woods.

Posted: May 31, 2011 at 7:02 Quote
dropmnster what kind of trails are those? Looks like they might be downhill-esque based on your profile picture.

I like XC but am always looking for fast downhill style XC, i don't want to be hitting up stuff like highlands on my rigid.

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 at 8:04 Quote
The trails are mostly xc with some really good downhill parts to them the pinnacle has some of the best downhill parts and singletrack that has some really good flow.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 17:30 Quote
just helped build some nice singletrack yesterday, at page hill, not far from Ragged off of Murray Hill rd.

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 15:35 Quote
glenplakejr wrote:
anyone from around Durham/unh area know about some jumps or dh there used to be some sick stuff by the train tracks but someone bulldozed the whole thing

Yeah I was digging and riding there just before they were plowed. everyone was bummed when it leveled, but we cleaned out one line that was left just before school let out, but it was too wet to ride. not sure of it got plowed too though, one kid broke his leg there after everything else got plowed and it was posted no trespassing.
do you go to unh?

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/167225/

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 12:03 Quote
No I just live in Durham, and have for a long time. I do the college racing (ECCC) for Lehigh though. If you guys need help building during the summer shoot me a pm
mikesbikester wrote:
glenplakejr wrote:

Yeah I was digging and riding there just before they were plowed. everyone was bummed when it leveled, but we cleaned out one line that was left just before school let out, but it was too wet to ride. not sure of it got plowed too though, one kid broke his leg there after everything else got plowed and it was posted no trespassing.
do you go to unh?

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/167225/

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 18:52 Quote
sounds good, I'm not in the area for the summer but if youre in town at all next semester let us know we can ride street or jumps or something!

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 5:01 Quote
mikesbikester wrote:
sounds good, I'm not in the area for the summer but if youre in town at all next semester let us know we can ride street or jumps or something!

will do

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
Does anyone here ride at the Winant Park/ Hospital trails by the Hospital in Concord? I was out there the other day with my brother and found a pretty fun trail someone had made on a logging road in the Winant park section. Anyone ever tried building some features out there?

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 7:25 Quote
northeaster171 wrote:
Does anyone here ride at the Winant Park/ Hospital trails by the Hospital in Concord? I was out there the other day with my brother and found a pretty fun trail someone had made on a logging road in the Winant park section. Anyone ever tried building some features out there?

I've ridden there a few times. Was it the section that went downhill with the two swtchbacks and comes out on the logged out area?

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 6:33 Quote
It was all downhill and ended in the logged out area but there weren't really any switchbacks. It's a pretty straight bomb down a logging road

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 6:48 Quote
I'll have to go back and check it out. I haven't been there for at least 6 weeks.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 at 9:01 Quote
New place my wife and I explored the other night in Bow, NH. Park at the elementary school on Bow Center Rd just south of 89. I think we only rode about a quarter of what's there before it was too dark to ride. We will go back this week to explore some more. Lots of smooth very fast flowing singletrack with some very technical rock garden sections thrown in for good measure. Some of the trails are not clearly marked though so take a map or a GPS so you don't get turned around in the dark like us!

Here is an older map of the XC ski trails for the school.
http://www.bow-nh.com/pdfs/CC_Hiking_Trails_2010.pdf

GPS map of the ride:
http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/1403348

Posted: Mar 3, 2014 at 16:04 Quote
Grave dug this forum a bit but has anyone climbed Mount Major on a bike? I've hiked it a few times and it was pretty steep at parts (too steep for a bike) but I heard there's a trail the goes up the back side of the mountain that might be rideable. Thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026998
Mobile Version of Website