Powered by Outside

Well, everyone else is doing it...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Well, everyone else is doing it...
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 1:21 Quote
yeah you only die if your stupid. anyone with at least half a brain can learn to ride brakeless, you just need to be aware of whats going on around you and your golden. oh and dont go fast down hills where cars can come out of driveways, itll only end badly

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 1:22 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
yeah i understand brakeless isnt only for posers, but these guys cant even do simple tricks like a fakie, they just sit around on their bikes talking the whole time. when i ask them why they went brakeless they said "because its better" and useless stuff like that.
this one guy whos brakeless actually has skill, and i myself gave brakeless a try. but this one group is just pathetic, the only thing they use theyre bike for is to get to the skatepark, when they get there they do nothing
I know the type...
"You wanna learn disasters?"
"Nah, I can't do it. It's my frame. It's too heavy, I know it."
"You wanna learn to spine transfer?"
"Nah..."
"Why not?
"Because this is my last pair of skinny jeans... I don't want to rip them."

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 1:24 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
yeah you only die if your stupid. anyone with at least half a brain can learn to ride brakeless, you just need to be aware of whats going on around you and your golden. oh and dont go fast down hills where cars can come out of driveways, itll only end badly
For nearly any kind of riding, footjamming your back tire is just as good.
Compared to, let's say, stock brakes on a mongoose, it's probably better.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 1:26 Quote
yeah. i know that type too but these are the people who are like "oh yea im hardcore i ride at the park every day" they come, try a fakie, fail at it and spend the rest of the time talking, smoking and being douchbags

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
I can't fakie that well, but I can roll out of stuff.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1366186547095
Took this today because a friend wanted to see it.
Cell phone quality. Nothing special.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
Hersley wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
yeah i understand brakeless isnt only for posers, but these guys cant even do simple tricks like a fakie, they just sit around on their bikes talking the whole time. when i ask them why they went brakeless they said "because its better" and useless stuff like that.
this one guy whos brakeless actually has skill, and i myself gave brakeless a try. but this one group is just pathetic, the only thing they use theyre bike for is to get to the skatepark, when they get there they do nothing
I know the type...
"You wanna learn disasters?"
"Nah, I can't do it. It's my frame. It's too heavy, I know it."
"You wanna learn to spine transfer?"
"Nah..."
"Why not?
"Because this is my last pair of skinny jeans... I don't want to rip them."
hahahahahaWhip

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
i ride brakeless and ill put it this way im not a great rider but i like my front end super light and this is how i accomplished this ya there are some posers out there but im most definately not one i actually say that i am worse than most people say so ya there are posers no i cant fakie but i am buying a freecoaster to assist with that because i dont have th ballance to fakie and i beleive that it will help and yes i know im rambling and im annoying myself but thats my .02 cents if you dont like it get over it

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
live-4-bmx wrote:
i ride brakeless and ill put it this way im not a great rider but i like my front end super light and this is how i accomplished this ya there are some posers out there but im most definately not one i actually say that i am worse than most people say so ya there are posers no i cant fakie but i am buying a freecoaster to assist with that because i dont have th ballance to fakie and i beleive that it will help and yes i know im rambling and im annoying myself but thats my .02 cents if you dont like it get over it

I dont mind your opinion. But please use punctuation and grammar. it doesnt have to be perfect but at least make it readable.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
Freecoasters will help with fakie a lot.
Without one, you have to worry about balance, and pedaling.
With a freecoaster, you just concentrate on balancing, so if you ever switch back, you'll still have the balance part down.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 13:26 Quote
sorry about the punctuation. yes,the freecoaster will help even though ill have to get used to a stiffer gearing ratio as when i bought my fit flow in mach it had had a 30/16 ratio needless to say i needed better gearing so im getting it going 30/9 i like it harder to pedal

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 14:11 Quote
Better to learn fakies without a freecoaster for learning stuff in the future. thats just my opinion though. Because people always say they have bad balance but not really you just need to practice.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
its not that hard to pedal backwards imo

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
no its not hard to pedal back wards i just cant turn out while pedaling backwards im simple minded

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
before you get one make sure you like it..... take off your chain and get a feel for it. i have heard they are really fragile and too much maintenance.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
iamthepeople wrote:
before you get one make sure you like it..... take off your chain and get a feel for it. i have heard they are really fragile and too much maintenance.
Not so much a problem with the newer ones, though you will kill the bearings with that gearing 30-9. Blank Stare

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009936
Mobile Version of Website