What to choose

PB Forum :: 29ers
What to choose
Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:43 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
going very well

you rolling on tubulars or clinchers? i could point out a few tires to look at

clincher i guess. i do know that they are not tubelars. that would be great if you could.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:45 Quote
snazzy idea!

i luckaly have some mtb style clip on ones for the front and rear, 2 front ones that go along the hole length of the downtube and fit on my tubing just right, rear is the typical quick releise mtb mudgaurd, not pretty but stops most of the water flicking on me

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:46 Quote
smashine wrote:
swick wrote:
i also need to find some clip on fenders.

this is ghetto as hell but i used one of those long hanging (venetian?) blinds, and cut it to like 2 feet, cut triangular grooves on either end so it stuck in between the seat stays so one end was touching the seat tube and the other went over the tire. i even had this really bad ass thick black tape and made a cool racing stripe, you can do the same with the front if you poke holes and run a zip tie through it around the downtube

once again this is ghetto as hell, but if you're broke and its raining it works

haha. that is a awesome idea. infact i will try that. i do not have venetian blinds but i do have spar horizontal 1" blind blades.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:47 Quote
swick wrote:
nowhere-fast wrote:
going very well

clincher i guess. i do know that they are not tubelars. that would be great if you could.

price range? guessin you might want cheep

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
swick wrote:
nowhere-fast wrote:
going very well

price range? guessin you might want cheep

cheap would be best but i could go up to 30 bucks (us) per tire

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
actualy i just checked what tires my girlfreinds bike has (lilac peugoet womens roadbike in my pics)

i think she has Panaracer Pasela TG Tyres, they come in pretty much all sizes, they have the gumwall sidewalls, she hasnt had a puncture yet and seem to be pretty grippy to, so i recormend them

also were cheep Smile got them for about £20 each (uk)

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
^^^ i will have to look into them. thank you.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:07 Quote
cant realy go wrong with panaracer or vittoria...

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:10 Quote
they are cheap. i like the tread patter as well.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
yeah when i rode her bike offroad abit on gravel(english canals) when i terned sharp or on dodgey ground i did feel it grip more than my 23c armadillos

her bike has 25c btw

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:18 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
yeah when i rode her bike offroad abit on gravel(english canals) when i terned sharp or on dodgey ground i did feel it grip more than my 23c armadillos

her bike has 25c btw

thats cool. i could not believe that the my lbs was selling armadillos for $40 plus (us).

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
i guess thats pricey?

mine came pretty much new second hand on a pair of wheels, so i got lucky, 6 months later they still going strong! very impressive, not even 1 puncture, need to replace the rear soon, its going bold

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 13:48 Quote
The Panaracers are great tires, I have them on both my bikes.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 23:05 Quote
im really looking into those tire and the company's entire line up.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 23:05 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/swickwake/bike%20stuff/IMG_0258.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/swickwake/bike%20stuff/IMG_0253.jpgfrom tonight's ride. since i got it to riding condition i have put close to 30 miles on it.

right now im in the troubleshooting phase. when i hit 50 miles i will report back with problems.

thank you all for looking and helping.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017142
Mobile Version of Website