Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

how many bikes do you have?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
how many bikes do you have?
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
socalmtb11 wrote:
ya if i lived by a mountain i would probably own a downhill bike too but i dont so one works fine

You live by a bunch of mountains. Might not be able to drive to them considering your age, but you live by a ton of places to ride in the mountains. I used to live about 45 miles east of you. We never had to worry about finding a place to ride, but rather, which place sounded like fun today. How far were we willing to travel, and did we need to shuttle, or could we make a killer loop out of it.

Oh yeah, I own 4, three mountain, and one road.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:50 Quote
the next thread should be how many people with over 2 bikes work at a bike shop?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:50 Quote
1 for dh/fr = '07 demo 7
1 for xc/am = '07 stumpy fsr
1 for dj/street = '08 devinci district 2

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
giantguy07 wrote:
the next thread should be how many people with over 2 bikes work at a bike shop?

good Idea

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
giantguy07 wrote:

you're on to us.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:52 Quote
giantguy07 wrote:

Not me. I might as well though with the deals and EPs they give me. I do still pay retail sometimes.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:53 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

Not me. I might as well though with the deals and EPs they give me. I do still pay retail sometimes.

Key word there is "sometimes"

O+ FL
markdeejay wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

you're on to us.

well i speak form perosnal experience. im in university... there is no way i could afford my bikes if i paid full price

So since I don't work at a shop but so far own the most bikes do I win the biggest bike whore award?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:54 Quote
markdeejay wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

you're on to us.

I only wish I worked at a bike shop. I couldn't afford to work at one though. Bike mechanics are the unsung heroes of the athletic world.
Buy your favorite wrench puller a nice prezzy for Xmas.

slyfoxrcr09 wrote:
socalmtb11 wrote:
ya if i lived by a mountain i would probably own a downhill bike too but i dont so one works fine

You live by a bunch of mountains. Might not be able to drive to them considering your age, but you live by a ton of places to ride in the mountains. I used to live about 45 miles east of you. We never had to worry about finding a place to ride, but rather, which place sounded like fun today. How far were we willing to travel, and did we need to shuttle, or could we make a killer loop out of it.

Oh yeah, I own 4, three mountain, and one road.

ya thats true, but what i meant was like live at the bottom of mammoth mountain or whatever where i could go 10 minutes down the road and ride trails all day, i know that there is lots of stuff around me but, my parents don't ride, my other friends that ride dont have licenses yet, so basically i have no way of getting there, hopefully that will change next summer

krazer wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

When I want something they can't get.

DavidMakalaster wrote:
And if you look back in the thread you will see my answer and maybe understand.
yes but dh and freeride are so close you could do it with one bike and unless you race really competitively you don't need the advantage of race geometry and race parts when you could have just as much fun on a freeride bike. also the back up freeride, when you have that many other bikes you could ride one of those if your freeride breaks. you could also use the dj/street as a 4X or vise versa. and finally, the AM bike is kinda pointless because you will get stronger and be able to go down the hill faster if you pedal the freeride up the hill.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 19:55 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
krazer wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

When I want something they can't get.

Oh, o.k, nevermind then

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014762
Mobile Version of Website