Powered by Outside

What is your favourite online Bike store and Why?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What is your favourite online Bike store and Why?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
meccanoman wrote:
Ok you lucky bikers. Here is your chance to have some real input into what an online Bike Shop should be like.

1. What is your current fav webshop and why.

2. What does it not have/do that you would really like.

3. What most annoys you about it?

Let your imigination go wild and post your ideas here. We are listening.

Thanks
Meccanoman...
1. Chainreactioncycles
2. I think it should give you some sort of voucher or reward scheme so if u spend for example 100 pounds then they should give u 10 pounds worth of points that you can redeem in their store.
3. Nothing annoys me but the above pont would make it even betterBig Grin

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 5:29 Quote
Once again big thanks for all the feedback.

I am in the process of creating a new website and I need help collecting links for it.

Please go and have a look at Bicyclegod.com and maybe even send me a link to be included. Thanks again.

MeK

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 5:36 Quote
beyondbikes.com by far has the best shipping system. The whole transaction seems to be alot faster than many other sites. They have great customer service aswell. Their site is awsome too.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 5:41 Quote
Universal Cycle
Greenfish Sports
Cambria Bike

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
Pricepoint for great prices, quick shipping, and good customer service....Just like everyone else, I don't want to see any sales on spandex and flat bars!

I use to go to Jensonusa, however they tried to bait and switch on me and I don't deal with them anymore.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
jensen doesnt always have what i want. Price Point is awsome, super low and discounted parts and everything. i just place an order from them last night.they have limited availability on sizes and colors but prices make up for it. GO-RIDE, ive spent so much damn money there just because of there prices and selection.i plan on being a continuous customer for a while. and for bmx, you need to go to dans comp, they are great, ive been buying from them for almost 10 years now.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
bicyclettesdehull.com
great service
low prices
free shipping on most items

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
Thanks again to everyone for all the replies,

I guess what I would like to find out most right now, is what do you hate about buying bike stuff from the internet.

Is it high shipping cost?
Takes too long to arrive?
or something else?

ThanksBig Grin

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
meccanoman wrote:
Thanks again to everyone for all the replies,

I guess what I would like to find out most right now, is what do you hate about buying bike stuff from the internet.

Is it high shipping cost?
Takes too long to arrive?
or something else?

ThanksBig Grin

when they list it on there web site but then order it in for you so you have to wait ages anyway - oh and if the part is wrong/broken, sending it back...

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
Hey Monkey boy - I hear ye. nothing worse than thinking yippee its here - then opening the package and its the wrong bits...

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
meccanoman wrote:
Albes. Its close enough to be considered a local bike shop. I also like the fact that it is also a storefront shop as well that is rider owned and operated.

2. What does it not have/do that you would really like.
In terms of products, I usually buy pretty basic things and have always found what I'm looking for from them.

The don't always update the shipping information on international orders. So its pretty easy to lose track of where in the system the order is.

4. What do you hate about buying bike stuff from the internet.
Duty charges. Shipping isn't that bad because I know what to expect but duty charges suck. They're so hit and miss, sometimes a package will arrive with a duty charge other times its just the shipping cost.

Let your imigination go wild and post your ideas here. We are listening.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions ezekiel82, can I ask what shops you prefer to use?

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
crc are undoubtly good but,

1,not all parts are uk stock therefore not covered by uk warranty.

2,have you tried phoning them,i phoned 4 days solid and got nothing.

3,they should state wether or not part's sold are oem or aftermarket.

one thing they do is show how crap all of the english internet shops are by there super fast delivery and free delivery.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:09 Quote

CRC, Easy to navigate. Fast free somewhat reasonabley safe delivery. UK based. Large variety of goods (i.e. segmented for many riding styles and personal preference), Also not only biking goods does a few off biking stuff.

2. What does it not have/do that you would really like?

A better way of handling money, I spent £250 on CRC, the next day it was taken from my available balance. Two weeks later the money appeared back in my account? I accidentally went and withdrew too much out one day, got a call a day or two later saying that i've gone over drawn as they had finally taken it after I emailed them but didnt warn me when they would.

I hate how they take everything out of the original package and then put in a little plastic bang and shove it in a jiffy envelope, thats how there postage is free by cramming everything into a small enough parcel lol.

CRC also absolutely suck when it comes to customer service, I bought a BB which stated on the manufacturers website and on CRC that a shimano bb tool would work i tried mine, didnt work tried a one in 3 different shops didnt work eventually found a raceface one after about 2 weeks of searching which did work. However they would not accept my product in return as it had some paint scratched off on the thread.

Also there really poor for the actual delivery selection, it does not state anything about most of the parcel force deliveries, I paid for 24hour on a friday assuming they will deliver on saturday as royal mail does (same company different brand) However i had to wait until monday. I searched the whole of the CRC website to find out that they had no information on the actual delivery selection which i had paid about £10 for. Go on the parcel force site to see that they dont deliver on saturdays with this delivery selection.
So i email CRC complaining on how they havent informed me properly, then the guy who emails back states that he's never see any other delivery company deliver on a saturday which charges only £10. On my quest to prove him wrong i found about 4 companies willing to do it for the same price and that was as standard. He then refused to accept it as CRC's fault and said that simply its too much work for them to copy and paste all the details from each delivery company that they operate with onto their site for references.

Edit:

Sorry for the numerous amounts of grammar and spelling mistakes, I wrote it pretty fast without concentrating.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012528
Mobile Version of Website