Powered by Outside

Weight loss with long distance cycling

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Weight loss with long distance cycling
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 13:15 Quote
interesting, ill look into into it, I've never herd if this, did you go on strict work out schedule also or mostly on the diet?

firedudecndn wrote:
Read the book "Eat Right For Your Type" by Dr Peter D'Adamo

I use the blood type diet and went from 225 to 183 in 3 months. It also cured my chronic debilitating nauseau and gave me considerably more energy.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 13:33 Quote
necronutz wrote:
interesting, ill look into into it, I've never herd if this, did you go on strict work out schedule also or mostly on the diet?

firedudecndn wrote:
Read the book "Eat Right For Your Type" by Dr Peter D'Adamo

I use the blood type diet and went from 225 to 183 in 3 months. It also cured my chronic debilitating nauseau and gave me considerably more energy.

I bought a bike again after 8 years without riding and just rode it around. The blood type diet is basically eating the right foods for your blood type. I read the book, compared the foods I liked and felt good after eating and the foods that made me feel lazy and assumed I was a type O. THen I got my blood type checked and I was right. Type O is the most common blood type of all and as a type O you should not eat most grains, dairy, pork and eat a lot of protein like beef, chicken etc. This also explains why diets like low carbs work for most of the population as most of the population is type O...
There's also a bloodtype that should be vegetarian (type A) and the vegetarians that I know that are type A thrive on it. The vegetarians I know that are not type A look like death warmed over. I know this is all circumstantial evidence but it works for me very well.

Posted: Aug 15, 2011 at 20:53 Quote
Well while all you kids are arguing, I've lost 7 pounds in the last 10 days from changing my diet and going to the gym and really just getting out and riding my fixie

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 at 21:26 Quote
XTC-FTW wrote:
Well while all you kids are arguing, I've lost 7 pounds in the last 10 days from changing my diet and going to the gym and really just getting out and riding my fixie

Nice dude, can't argue with results, keep up the good work!

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 11:49 Quote
XTC-FTW wrote:

Just keep up the hard work and it will pay off. I am starting the Paleo Diet and since cutting out allot of stuff I have lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks But it was only small because I was involved in a bit of a riding accident. Can't wait to get back on full time.

FL
Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 9:28 Quote
Endurance cardio is great, but if you really want to drop pounds fast, you're gonna want to lift weights (compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, mil press, bench press, pull/chin ups) and do HIIT (high intensity interval training ie running sprints and maxing out your heart rate, jump rope). 20 min of HIIT training pushing yourself to the max is far better for weight loss than a 40 minute slow jog.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
Ironchefjon wrote:
Endurance cardio is great, but if you really want to drop pounds fast, you're gonna want to lift weights (compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, mil press, bench press, pull/chin ups) and do HIIT (high intensity interval training ie running sprints and maxing out your heart rate, jump rope). 20 min of HIIT training pushing yourself to the max is far better for weight loss than a 40 minute slow jog.

Yes, because putting on more muscles increases your basal metabolic rate (calories burnt to keep your body working), so with cardio its exponential. Always makes me laugh when those cardio bunnies at the gym do like 3 hours of threadmill but fear weight lifting because they might gain muscle and the number on the scale might go up instead of going down, even if they're losing fat anyway.

If you want to put on more muscle though, better do the cardio session at the end of the workout. You keep more energy for weight lifting that way. Most people chose to lose fat to look better, might as well gain a good shape at the same time.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 4:49 Quote
I was trying many diets, exercises for weight loss, but I'm kinda lazy Razz

2 months ago i found green coffee plus (producer website - igreencoffee.pl) and that really helped me

Now when i'm slim I feel more confident too Smile

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032189
Mobile Version of Website