New Kona- Should i change anything on it?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New Kona- Should i change anything on it?
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
lol, then its fine. emerse yourself in the mountain bike world, and then once you learn to ride well, you'll know by then what parts to buy. until then, if you must spend more money, buy yourself a nice helmet and some riding gear

i got all that already too
i could post a picture of that and you can tell me what if its any good because i really have no idea

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
lol, then its fine. emerse yourself in the mountain bike world, and then once you learn to ride well, you'll know by then what parts to buy. until then, if you must spend more money, buy yourself a nice helmet and some riding gear

i got all that already too
i could post a picture of that and you can tell me what if its any good because i really have no idea

yea thatd be good. can you name some of the stuff

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
Personally I can't believe people are telling him to upgrade that bike. It's really nice.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
yea, me neither. its like someone buying a Ferrari and everyone telling him he needs to upgrade it. that bike is already nicer then most avid bikers have, go rock it and don't worry about it

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:20 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
888fork wrote:
upgrade to a fox dhx 5.0
the amount of adjustability basically. you dont need the 5.0...or the codes...or the sram x.0.
what would be the difference from what i have now

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:21 Quote
photo

there a picture of it
theres individual pictures on my profile of it

fox shin guards
fox elbow gards
race face chest and back
bell helmet( i took the stickers off)
scot googles, i also have black oakleys with clear lenses which are the ones i use
alpine stars gloves, i used them for when i rode my quad but they seem to do me good
and some fox jersey

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:30 Quote
normally i would say f*ck konas, but ur kona is dope as f*ck!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:32 Quote
that gear is good. you ride quads? what do you have?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:34 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
that gear is good. you ride quads? what do you have?

i have an 07 trx250ex with an fmf exaust and i co-own two polaris outlaws with my cousins

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
thats sick. i was looking at the ktm 525, what do you think? right now i have a 4x4 trail boss for a beater

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
yeah that new ktm is sick, it depend on what riding your doing
if you were looking to race i would go with the ktm or an ltr 450
for trail riding you want a rapor or pedator

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:41 Quote
wtp51 wrote:

i was looking at the raptor. im not looking to race now, but possibly in the future. raptors don't really have a class though so there out. if i was going to buy a raptor for trails i would probably just buy a renegade. im thinking the ktm could do trails with the a arms even bent to have a higher ground clearance, and i could race it in the future if i so please

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
wtp51 wrote:

i was looking at the raptor. im not looking to race now, but possibly in the future. raptors don't really have a class though so there out. if i was going to buy a raptor for trails i would probably just buy a renegade. im thinking the ktm could do trails with the a arms even bent to have a higher ground clearance, and i could race it in the future if i so please

yeah but if you want high end trail and race capabilities i would go with the ds 450 x

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
i read the dirt wheels review of that, it is very innovative with the brake setup and hollow axle and all, but they didn't seem too overwhelmingly impressed. ill have to look at one in person. i went to a dealer to cheack out the ktm, it just seems more bare bones mx style. i like the adjustable camber on the a arms. the only thing is that i wish they were efi, but not a big deal still

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012098
Mobile Version of Website