Powered by Outside

Best all mountain frame

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
YetiSuperX wrote:
KTMDirtFace wrote:
Loving my Yeti! SB-66

Trew a DHX RC4 coil shock and 36 float on it.

Dude. You just build my all-in-one bike! How does it handle the coil? Beer

Awesome, was bottoming out way to easy at first but I put some air in the boost valve and turned the bottom out control one turn now its sweeeet.

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 6:44 Quote
I bought a Titus El Guapo frame on the cheap cause they went out of business, WHAT A BIKE!! I Love this frame! I have ridden Enduros, Fisher Fat Possums, and the El Guapos run all over them. You can find them on Ebay here and there. 6" travel bike, rides like a 4" xc rig, but eats up descents. I truly grind in the saddle, and no pedal bob. I have ridden this bike on epic back country rides, and used it for Downhill at Kicking Horse in BC, and it excelled at both, though I didn't do any Black Diamond downhill, but I have no illulsions of being that good, lol.

If you can't find an El Guapo, I would look at the Pivot bikes, like the Mach 5.7. Pivot was started by the original owner of Titus, so same concepts, only better. Excellent all purpose bikes.

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 at 7:58 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Santa Cruz Blur LT should definitely be on that list, as well as a Specialized Enduro if you're into the 160mm stuff.
oh ya thats what i have and I'm loving it

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 at 2:16 Quote
Giant VT 5.7" rear travel run with 150mm (6") RS SEKTOR coils. the Sektors can be run as low as 90mm (U-turn) but started at 150 tried 140 but was WAY better in 150mm mode. This bike was well rated by the press when new. Nowadays we are all told 67 degree head angles etc are essential BUT this baby really rocks up / down / singletrack, very versatile. Can get them here on pinbike otherwise move on to Giant Reign or find a Nomad, who cares they are all good its down to the rider & getting the set up tuned to your body & riding style. No way does an off the shelf bike "really" work for individuals which we all are...of course.

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 19:49 Quote
KTMDirtFace wrote:
YetiSuperX wrote:
KTMDirtFace wrote:
Loving my Yeti! SB-66

Trew a DHX RC4 coil shock and 36 float on it.

Awesome, was bottoming out way to easy at first but I put some air in the boost valve and turned the bottom out control one turn now its sweeeet.

what size rc4 did you put on the sb66? i want to put one on mine but dont know what size to purchase

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 23:56 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
KTMDirtFace wrote:
YetiSuperX wrote:

what size rc4 did you put on the sb66? i want to put one on mine but dont know what size to purchase

2.5 in stroke, 8.5 Eye to eye.

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
When Giant make a Carbon Reign with ISG tabs, that will be the best all mountain frame ever.

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 at 8:48 Quote
BRIANgt89 wrote:
Or even the ibis mojo

I've heard the Mojo feels really unstable on the descents. I've never ridden one though.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2013 at 9:06 Quote
Enduro. Enduro. Enduro.

Otherwise I say Mojo, Yeti or SJ Evo.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 15:46 Quote
BobbyDuracel wrote:
Enduro. Enduro. Enduro.

Otherwise I say Mojo, Yeti or SJ Evo.

My Enduro is super nice. I wish I had gotten the carbon frame version because it would make the bike that much more sick! I think it climbs like my dads stumpjumper 29er but decents way better, it's a mini dh bike when pointed downhill.

Eric

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 16:42 Quote
I'm only selling my 2011 expert enduro bc I was in a position to buy the carbon version this year. I thought about even unloading my demo 7 and just having an enduro Evo and the carbon pro.

THE BIKE IS JUST THAT SICK.

I know personally 3 people who have lovely bikes of their own, and once or twice they rode my enduro out of circumstance. They all walked away astounded.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 7:48 Quote
Can't go wrong with the newly designed covert
Climbs great, ride trails all day, bombs dh.
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 9:30 Quote
I am a giant fan.

Reign X + talas36, or reign + talas 34.

The frame's weight is surprisingly desirable.

Or a 26.5 option.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 9:20 Quote
There are probably too many AM rigs out there that will fit the OPs bill. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and preferences. If you prefer one of the 3 that you originally posted, then I'd say to go with the Yeti SB-66. I've tried a friends and for a bike with 6" of travel, it climbs surprisingly well and descends like a beast. Could also look into the Pivot Mach 5.7. I love Rocky Mountain bikes and although I haven't tried a Slayer, but I've heard the Slayer 70 is a kick-ass do it all bike.

Posted: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
You can't forget the Ibis Mojo HD or the new HDR!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021900
Mobile Version of Website