Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Bmx losing its flow, and some of its style?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bmx losing its flow, and some of its style?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 13:10 Quote
so pretty much street riding is street riding, end of that.
but park and dirt now a days is nothing but flow.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 13:52 Quote
Well it depends on the rider(s) of course, but generally.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:29 Quote

pretty sure although theres handrails its flow ex. look at the last line he does
---------------
peace out
sean,

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:53 Quote
I find it funny how people are pinning 'most' mountian bikers to be unflowy. If you're seeing a kid throughing a hagard no footer, what does that tell you? The kid would no doubt, still be learning them. Most mountian bike riders I know personally work on both style and progression. They learn it, then make it look nice.

As many people have said, it all depends on how the rider rides. There's people with flow and people without flow. But, honestly, why do you care so much about other peoples riding? If you don't like it, don't watch it instead of complaining. As long as you ride the way you like, thats all that really matters.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
ahhhhh!!!!

chrisspur!!!!!!!!!

chris that's just because halimouth knows whats up. We know how to ride!
seriously though. It all depends on the rider, and riding in general.

you get a novice rider out there learning the basic tricks, then yes it will be hacked. But come back in 2 years that kid will have learned the basics and some new stuff, but I garuntee it will look 100% better as well. Same goes for riding genres. generally huckers won't have much flow or style, because it doesn't take flow or style to do it. It's just balls.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 15:09 Quote
yaybikes wrote:
ahhhhh!!!!

chrisspur!!!!!!!!!

lol, yes, me on pinkbike Razz ... ecmtb's post are slow lately.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
grampa wrote:
In all the years of BMX there have been guys who have style, other guys who can just do tricks and others who you can't figure out how they got sponsored - nothing has changed.

Quote for truth.

"Street Riding is Flowy" -- stupid generalization
"Street riding isnt flowy" -- also a stupid generalization

its RIDERS, not one form of riding. Like Grampa said, its all how certain people ride. Youll find some street riders with more flow then some guys on dirt could ever hope for, and likewise the other way around.

As for the "slowing tricks down" issue, i will say personally i like trick that are held out real long, like a nice table top that just floats, or a real lazy slow 360. Obviously you CANT slow down 3whips and certain other tricks, but i will agree its not my thing when its a barspin-to-table-to-turndown all thrown together as fast as can be just for the sake of "combining" all those into one jump. Again though, thats my personal preference and yes, some tricks CANT be slowed down like 3whips and i appreciate them in their own right when you wanna have a trick to just throw down and own with.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
This is not a stupid post at all. Myself coming from the "Old school" of riding AND skating find some truth to this. But its always been that way. Some people can do crazy tricks and still have smooth style about it. And some ride with robot style.
Modern riding is unreal compared to when I was in my prime (I`m 42) and I still love to watch it go down but sometimes nothing looks better than a nice flat table. (Or frontside grind).

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 3:08 Quote
macneilwhitton wrote:

pretty sure although theres handrails its flow ex. look at the last line he does
---------------
peace out
sean,

I wonder how long he's spent at that particular place choosing and working his lines...??

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
djfivejames wrote:
bradyc wrote:
MTB dirtjump looks more flowy is because they have suspesnion too.
HAHAHAHA you're joking right?
In general BMXers have way more style and flow.

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:59 Quote
travis99 wrote:
I know the majority of MTBer's are not super stylish or flowy but Andreu deffinetly is.
I now have a new favorite MTB rider.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:11 Quote
You guys crack me up.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 13:38 Quote
justin99 wrote:
djfivejames wrote:
bradyc wrote:
MTB dirtjump looks more flowy is because they have suspesnion too.
HAHAHAHA you're joking right?
In general BMXers have way more style and flow.

Or maybe you're just being overly cocky. Give it a break, neither have more flow or style. Its the same sport for gods sake, go make fun of racket ball or something.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 14:42 Quote
I don't understand...

How can a wheels size make any diffence in flow? One of the most flowy riders in our area rides a mtb. The amount of "flow" all has to do with the rider.

What everyone needs to realize is it's not the bike it's the rider.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
^ Amen to that brother ^
On another note, BMXer's do way to many turndowns, it's starting to annoy me

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034134
Mobile Version of Website