Abandoned project thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Abandoned project thread
Posted: May 1, 2012 at 5:56 Quote
ziegele wrote:
cartera wrote:
ziegele wrote:

*why not
Diesels are work engines. So why put it in a truck thats not gonna be a work hoarse?
nope. People have been swapping diesels for ever. Over here we have broncos, toyotas, jeeps with 4bts or 12v. Most European or Japanese 4x4s come in a diesel option. Jeep is probably putting a diesel engine in the wrangler next year. Diesels have torque, and they offer it at low rpm's which is good for wheeling .

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
why not swap the output so the chev 205 bolts right up?

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:21 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
why not swap the output so the chev 205 bolts right up?

I may end up swapping the shafts, I'm unsure yet. The tail housing from the chevy is expensive, almost better to buy a full nv4500 and part it out.

I'm doing some work to the truck tonight so I'll see what comes from that.

*update*

I found a dodge np205 t-case, with a 23 spline. Dodge NV4500 is a 29 spline, advance adapters makes a 125.00 adapter shaft kit to mate the 29 to 23 spline.

Were back in buisness!

*update 2*

More work done tonight. Hopefully have the cab off by this saturday/sunday.

In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works
In the works

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 19:16 Quote
make sure you brace the steering box too. Looks to be a lot of rust in the yellow one ton..

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:52 Quote
Looks like an awesome project! Back when I had a K5 and was on ColoradoK5 there was a guy that had swapped a 12v into a Blazer. Drool

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:54 Quote
Forgot to ask, what are you planning for suspension/tires? I hope like hell you're not gonna lift it 18" and put on some 24's...

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:58 Quote
A 3" or 4" lift would be perfect for that truck.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 22:01 Quote
That's what I was thinking. You can fit a lot of tire under 4". Plus at that height it's still not too expensive.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 22:07 Quote
Dad's got a 1977 Ford F250 Custom Highboy with a factory 4" lift and it looks perfect.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:15 Quote
6" lift on 38s ftw

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:20 Quote
I really hate it when people overdo a lift.

On top of that, the majority of lifts tend to always look bad in one way or another. Be it too high, too low, too small a wheel, most DIY lifts never seem to look right. That saddens me.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:28 Quote
If you manage to f*ck up putting a sky jacker lift (just for example) on your a bit of a retard. There super simple.

and 6" of lift isn't much and looks great on 38's

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:43 Quote
You're from Abbotsford. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of awkward-looking lifts. I know I have in Langley.

But I don't agree in saying 6" isn't much. I'd say that's a maximum. It seems to be a fascination with the younger generations of the world to lift and keep lifting. I've got friends who put a 9" on their short box F150. Looks dumb as ever.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 4:01 Quote
Hey guys. I'm planning on a mild lift, sits pretty high right now anyway. I'm swapping out the leafs for new ones, should give me a bit of a lift too HAHA

Front leafs are practically flat.

Mild 4 inch lift with possibly 35's. Havent decided on steelies or some nice alu rims yet..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 2.345216
Mobile Version of Website