Powered by Outside

2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
I work at a shop, more or less, so I can get some screaming deals some times. It made a friend of mine cry when I told him how cheap I got my Totem. But after riding the lyric on on an Entourage DLX at the kona launch, I am pretty much sold on that fork, other than for more serious DH stuff. It is definitely not a great dh fork. But I will probably keep the totem for my heavy days, but leave the lyric on it most of the time. The factory DLX rode good though. Only weak point was the tires and the 60mm stem on a large and those are an easy fix

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 16:50 Quote
sortafast wrote:
I work at a shop, more or less, so I can get some screaming deals some times. It made a friend of mine cry when I told him how cheap I got my Totem. But after riding the lyric on on an Entourage DLX at the kona launch, I am pretty much sold on that fork, other than for more serious DH stuff. It is definitely not a great dh fork. But I will probably keep the totem for my heavy days, but leave the lyric on it most of the time. The factory DLX rode good though. Only weak point was the tires and the 60mm stem on a large and those are an easy fix

Yeah what were they thinking with a 60mm stem? I'm slapping a 35 on there as soon as possible.

It's nuts how much cheaper some of the big items go for at dealer cost - I unfortunately couldn't get that for an entourage because no one here in the states could get one (ordered it out of Vancouver lol)

FL
Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 22:18 Quote
kbrock wrote:
sortafast wrote:

Yeah what were they thinking with a 60mm stem? I'm slapping a 35 on there as soon as possible.

It's nuts how much cheaper some of the big items go for at dealer cost - I unfortunately couldn't get that for an entourage because no one here in the states could get one (ordered it out of Vancouver lol), but I got the Session 9.9 frame at less than half price thanks to a bud in the shop. Almost never would be able to own one otherwise.

Yah i work in the trade aswell, guess there has to some perks to working in a bike shop on crap pay!

Yah 60mm is gone, 35mm is in.

All this lyric conversation makes me think I may need to rethink my fork choice haha.

Yah i wasn't sure about crank length, my demo has 165mm and very similar bb height to the kona so might swap them over and see how we get on.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 10:47 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
2012 Kona Entourage
sexy

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 14:14 Quote
Nice build! how does it feel with fox 36 front end?

What bars are you riding?

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 15:16 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
2012 Kona Entourage

Mmmmm Whip me.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 13:17 Quote
brmeyero wrote:

This was build I did for my friend, but I have one setup with a Fox 180mm as well. I definitely like it setup that way and haven't noticed anything negative. It was set up with Spank Subrosa's 747mm.

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 13:20 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
brmeyero wrote:

This was build I did for my friend, but I have one setup with a Fox 180mm as well. I definitely like it setup that way and haven't noticed anything negative. It was set up with Spank Subrosa's 747mm.

Oh, was that a 36 160mm posted above?

Keep those build pics coming guys! Lovin these.

Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 3:05 Quote
kbrock wrote:
KonaTrevor wrote:
brmeyero wrote:

It's a 180 mm fork

Just look at the comments https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8253964/

And look at that entourage https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7654986/

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 11:07 Quote
My bike! I friggin love this thing!
2012 Kona Entourage custom build.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 11:09 Quote
Mystyle wrote:
kbrock wrote:
KonaTrevor wrote:

It's a 180 mm fork

Just look at the comments https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8253964/

And look at that entourage https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7654986/

Correct the Entourage with the red Spank wheel set has a 180mm fork.

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 22:02 Quote
Hey guys
I was wondering if this bike would suit my brother he wants to use it for downhill and freeriding would it be good for him?
he is 6 foot and about 65 kg and likes to hit big jumps and skim over rough sections.
thanks

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 14:13 Quote
Mine DH's ok. With a single crown fork I can definitely feel it when I want to pin it on gnarly DH lines and it makes me wish I had a boxxer on the front. But I still had no problem keeping up with guys on full on DH rigs. Its more about the rider I suppose. To me it feels just like the 2009 stinky, but is slightly lighter and corners a bit better. Meaning its a good, do everything but go up hills kind of bike

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
Absolutely impressed with it so far:

New fork and shock on in the week to come

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041730
Mobile Version of Website